The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old February 24, 2009, 07:08 PM   #1
AEConfidential

Recommendations for Scope and Mount for M1A NM Rifle

Hello...I'd like to mount a scope on my M1A National Match rifle. Right now, I'm looking at the 3rd gen Springfield-Armory scope mount...are there better scope mounts out there? Also, looking for a good scope, nothing too expensive, but good quality. I know Leupold scopes are nice, but they are usually expensive. I don't shoot the rifle a lot, so I don't need to buy an expensive scope to sit in a gun safe. Just want to get some experience with a scoped rifle. Would appreciate any advice/recommendations you all might have. Thanks!
Old February 25, 2009, 10:52 PM   #2
Bang!

I spent quite a bit of time researching this topic for my M1A. Search "Brookfield Precision" mount as one option. I think I remember that Smith Enterprise makes one. I went with the one from A.R.M.S. Don't skimp on a cheap mount. Get one with three points of contact with your rifle. The government contract mounts lock down tight and stable with some blue locktite.

I mounted a Leupold VIII 4.5-14 x 50. Check out the Super Sniper 10X. I almost went that route.

Buy plenty of ammo and good luck!
Old February 26, 2009, 10:34 PM   #3
Trapshooterx

I have an ARMS 18 that I might be willing to part with. I shot probably 40 rounds with it it is like new.
Old February 26, 2009, 11:36 PM   #4
sholling

I'm no expert but the new style Basset mount looks pretty good.