The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old May 13, 2008, 05:23 PM   #1
mbear53

Can anyone tell me anything about this gun??

This is a double barrel muzzleloading derringer. No name brand on the gun anywhere. Just a nicely stamped serial number in the butt of the frame. It is very heavy. Gun looks to be machined out of brass, or possibly bronze?? The barrel is rifled, and mics out at around .372. Very well made, and the hammers also have half cock position for safety. Looks to take a #11 cap for ignition. Grips are plastic. Please look at the pics in the link, and any information would be greatly appreciated.
http://www.ranchoweb.com/folder/45831
Old May 13, 2008, 05:55 PM   #2
Buzzard

Looks pretty close to what is called "snake eyes". I forget who makes them but If I remeber right , I think they had pearlite grips .

found this site
http://www.dixiegunworks.com/product...roducts_id=869

Last edited by Buzzard; May 13, 2008 at 05:56 PM. Reason: add info
Old May 13, 2008, 06:21 PM   #3
Hawg

It's a snake eyes made by Classic Arms in kit form only. Years ago they sold them completed. They ran about 40 bucks for the completed gun in the mid 70's. Should be able to pick one up for 25-30 bucks now. Fella over on the Muzzleloading forum bought a complete kit at a garage sale for 3.00 a week or so ago. I don't have any personal knowledge about the snake eyes but I bought a twister back in the 70's and it was a POS. I assume the same about the snake eyes.
Old May 13, 2008, 09:15 PM   #4
mbear53

Derringer

That's it guys. I found them at Dixie Gun Works. Thanks.