The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old April 23, 2013, 09:21 PM   #1
'88Scrat

Where/How to take a CMP class

This is a topic that has been frustrating me since December. Where does one go to sign up for a CMP class to learn how to properly shoot an M1 Garand. I have been on the CMP website several times and even called their number but keep getting the runaround, ("Oh you need to call this number or email this person"). I even emailed the KS director of the CMP and got a real half-$@% answer. Can anyone give me a striaght answer on here.

Specifically I would like to take the CMP clinic on 1903/M1 Maintanance and a class designed to train individuals on how to shoot the M1 Garand rifle. Someday I have asperations of shooting them competitively.
Old April 23, 2013, 09:31 PM   #2
RamItOne

IIRC kraigwy should have some input, try a PM if he doesn't track this thread

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...rtant/DJyvnHz0
Old April 24, 2013, 06:55 AM   #3
Orlando

Its all on their web site
Look at links on left hand side of page
http://www.thecmp.org/Training.htm
Old April 24, 2013, 07:44 AM   #4
kraigwy

Here is a better link which you can find clinics & matches in an area close to you.

http://ct.thecmp.org/app/v1/index.ph...r_value=CLINIC

Don't know where in KS you are, but OK has several. Keep checking back, more will be posted as summer approaches.

I have two up coming here in Newcastle, one in June, one in Aug, They haven't been posted on the CMP site yet cause I haven't got off my butt and sent in the paper work yet.

As to "HOW" to sign up, when you find a clinic you can just show up. If you don't have a rifle, most clubs will provide loaners. Also most clubs have a match following the clinics.

They don't cost much. I don't charge anything for the clinics I put on, some times the club wants me to charge a range fee, if they do it's $5 for non members, but most of the time I forget to collect the fee.
Distinguished Rifle Badge 1071