The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old February 26, 2009, 08:27 AM   #1
Vinnie Harold

Where is the ammo????

Hello.

I have been all over the internet looking for 9 mm ammo for my new Kahr-CW9, and it is impossible to find in 115 gr and 124 gr FMJ.

I understand that ammo is in high demand, but each day I hunt the sites that have been recommended on this forum, and all I get is "out of stock".

I can understand if one day they had stock, and then it sells out quickly. Then we wait a week or so and the same situation occurs.....but,

they are ALWAYS out of stock!!!

Are the manufactures producing ammo, or are they holding back?

Does anyone know if something else is going on, other than the "short supply and high demand" issue?

Vinnie
Old February 26, 2009, 08:50 AM   #2
HilfigerCelica

I know exactly what you mean. I've been waiting on Natchez to have some 9mm in stock but they've been out since early Sat.. I just placed an order for 1000 rds of Federal American Eagle for $220 shipped from LTD ammo. That's the cheapest I've found on the net for 9mm besides the steel case stuff.
Old February 26, 2009, 08:51 AM   #3
JWT

Many sites have e-mail notification that you use to have them let you know when a particular caliber and brand of ammo is in stock. Sign up for the service and order immediately when you're notified they have what you want. Works fine.
Old February 26, 2009, 09:00 AM   #4
CZMania!

The manufacturers are making ammo as fast as they can. Blame the hoarders. As soon as ammo shows up they clean the retailer out. Hoarders are asses. Leave some for the rest of us, sheesh.
Old February 26, 2009, 09:21 AM   #5
srt 10 jimbo

dont see much .40 cal at outdoor world. they all get wiped out pretty fast. even the 22's
Old February 26, 2009, 09:22 AM   #6
kraigwy

Quote:
Hoarders are asses.
Yeah hoarders are getting all the ammo, how the heck am I suppose to stock pile ammo if all the hoarders get up earlier then I do.
Distinguished Rifle Badge 1071
Old February 26, 2009, 10:03 AM   #7
pogo2

Hoarding may be contagious

I think there is something in the human brain that makes us buy more of something if we fear it will become scarce. Then it does start to become scarce because some people are hoarding it, and others feel they had better do the same thing so they don't run out. Pretty soon the hoarding behavior spreads to everybody in the market and you see this type of "panic buying". Everybody is sitting on a big inventory of whatever it is, and manufacturers are having difficulty keeping up.

Ammo is perfect for hoarding because it keeps a long time. I haven't seen anybody hoarding tomatoes.
Old February 26, 2009, 10:43 AM   #8
Kreyzhorse

Quote:
Blame the hoarders. As soon as ammo shows up they clean the retailer out.
This whole hystera is self feeding. Ammo is scare and those of us that aren't hoarding are either SOL, or forced to buy some if you can actually find it. I know I bought some .40 a couple of weeks ago because Bass Pro was sold out of every thing else. I actually went in looking for .380 and .45.
Old February 26, 2009, 10:43 AM   #9
mec

a local dealer said that Fiocci told him they are months behind even though they are turning out one million rounds of fmj pistol ammunition every day.
Old February 26, 2009, 10:54 AM   #10
bangbangshootshoot

Wideners has 1921 boxes of Wolf 9mm Luger 115gr FMJ $10.25 box of 50 / $199.00 per 1000
(Wideners.com)