The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old July 3, 2013, 10:51 PM   #1
glenncal1

Remington Model 58 barrel question

Does anyone if a Remington model 1100 barrel will fit in a Model 58 receiver? thanks.

Many K and N Frames
Old July 4, 2013, 06:23 AM   #2
Virginian

No it will not. Totally different barrel ring. A barrel can be made from an 870 barrel, all that needs to be done is to drill two gas ports. I would strongly advise getting someone who knows what they are doing to handle it. If you have the tooling and some skills, and an existing barrel to use as a guide for port sizes and angles, it isn't difficult.
Old July 4, 2013, 04:34 PM   #3
Buzzard1

The model 58 is the same basic receiver has an 870, just with an etched game scene on it. I have scene someone take their worn out sportsman 58 20 gauge and turn it into a pump gun. Barrels do work from one another. I have been looking for a vented wingmaster 16 gauge barrel for my sportsman for a while now that will not completely break the bank. But with a 12 gauge gun it is common to find barrel replacements. Check ebay, there is a guy who has 870 barrels and will drill the holes for the sportsman 58 for you before he send it out.
Old July 5, 2013, 12:23 PM   #4
Mike Irwin
Staff

Wow. This is neat information!

I've got my Dad's old Remington 58 that I use for skeet and trap and the like, and it has a huge, ugly, poly choke on it. Would be nice to get a barrel set up for Remchokes.

Baby Jesus cries when the fat redneck doesn't have military-grade firepower.