The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Closed Thread

Old April 3, 2013, 10:47 PM   #101
ryanryan03

I live in Houston and can't find anything.

"Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other one thing." - Abraham Lincoln
Old April 4, 2013, 07:39 AM   #102
Skitter

Ryanryan03, Just gotta look. I like in the Houston area and if I want ammo I have 4 stores I can check and I'll get what I need. 30-30 is a different matter all together, havn't found any of that in a very long time.

.270, 9mm, and .40 can normally be found at any of 4 of the Walmarts in the area, and if that doesn't work check out Academy. Usually end up with 2-3 boxes at the end of the day of each ammo type.
Old April 4, 2013, 09:14 AM   #103
Garycw

Crazy ammo days

Local gun shops that have been business a loong time are the best bet for ammo at reasonable prices. Forget Wally World ! As far as all the .22's being bought up..hmmm? It's probably the most used round for plinking, small game, pest etc. it's just fun & cheap. It's kind of like electricity, you take it for granted, and don't miss or realize how much till its gone. Thus the hoarding. After a extended power outage, try and find a generator, natta one. Plus 22's can't be reloaded.Although. I would imagine reloading supplies are scarce too. I've see this coming for years, and will possibly get worse in the future. Or be too expensive & taxed. Guns are worthless ornaments without bullets. . Air rifles anyone? Bows?

Sent from iPhone
Old April 4, 2013, 09:33 AM   #104
Skitter

The gun range I go to almost always has ammo for our handguns, but wary of telling who it is as I don't want the stocks depleted! If I get there after the trucks come I can usually find everything I need. They actually have primers, bullets, and powder in stock too, albeit not a great variety!
Old April 4, 2013, 09:34 AM   #105
Iron Man

Yeah, try finding small pistol primers...or any primers for that matter.

Berry's bullets is out of stock on almost everything.
Old April 4, 2013, 01:19 PM   #106
Dragline45

My local shop has a good amount, but they have 3 box limits for everything for the time being. They have been in business a long time and have a huge loyal customer base. Instead of pleasing one guy who would buy up half their stock, they aim to please all their customers by letting everyone get a little of what they want. IMO, that's the way to go.

Eventually, all the hoarders will run out of money, their credit cards will be maxed out, and they will have enough ammo on hand to please their insane little minds. Things will eventually even out for the common man.
Old April 4, 2013, 02:17 PM   #107
Spats McGee
Staff

Mike Irwin has opened a thread called The "Where is everything?" thread -- guns, ammo, primers, powder, etc.." It is intended to be one central thread for discussions of ammo shortages, as well as supplies.

If you would like to continue the discussions started in this thread, I would kindly ask that you move the discussion to that thread.