The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old January 25, 2013, 03:47 PM   #26
Pud

SR9C.....my EDC.. great handgun, carries easily, EXCELLENT trigger, one of the best overall guns I've ever owned.
Pud
Ruger P97 / Ruger SR1911 CMD / Ruger SR9c / S&M M&P 15 Sport/Ruger Mk 3 22/45./ S&W PC Shield
Old January 25, 2013, 06:42 PM   #27
cdbeagle

Quote:
I hate to be completely clueless, but I've never heard of CZ?
A lot of people haven't. I didn't know much about them until two years ago. I now own 2 rifles and 3 handguns that are CZ. In my experience they are an exceptional blend of cost/quality.
Old January 26, 2013, 02:47 PM   #28
cwhit23

Thanks for the input

I made my decision today Thanks for the input.

I didn't really care for the essentials package, but it's what was in stock. But this has the night sights, etc. Nice gun, so far I'm loving it. Hope to get to go shoot it tommorrow or next weekend.

XD 9mm

Last edited by cwhit23; January 26, 2013 at 02:57 PM.
Old January 26, 2013, 05:51 PM   #29
Bongo Boy

Congratulations! It's nice to close the loop on these 'what should I get' threads--don't hesitate to come back after you blow a few hundred rounds downrange. It would be great to hear your thoughts--at least to me--since I don't own an XD.

Quote:
Don't get too caught up in how the gun "feels". How it "feels" is largely irrelevant. How does it point? How is the trigger reach? How is the trigger?
Those things are pretty-much identical by my definition of 'feel': that's exactly what I mean by feel, including any sensation of balance, being top-heavy or sitting high above the hand, etc., angle and thickness of the grip and so on, which influence how it points.
Old January 26, 2013, 07:18 PM   #30
915A

Congrats man!
Old January 26, 2013, 07:34 PM   #31
cwhit23

Thanks, I'm excited about it and am anxiously wanting to get to the range. I only have 50 rounds of fmj's and it's hard to get 9mm ammo right now. I'd like to at least put 100-150 through my first time out. To get a good feel for and make sure everything fires correctly. I'll will definitely post back with my reactions after I get some rounds through it.
Old January 27, 2013, 05:17 PM   #32
cwhit23

Just reporting back. I got a couple hundred rounds through the gun today. Shoots excellent, really accurate, good feel too it. Made me want to put a couple hundred more through it.

so over all first impressions are great. 200 rounds no issues what so ever.