The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Closed Thread

Old September 23, 2008, 05:03 PM   #1
laidback253

Do Not Trade With Kpbeckel

he is not trustworthy or reliable in any way. he has an add up for a bersa thunder .380 which he told me he traded a week ago for a .38 special. he was supposed to trade me said 38 special and was either trying to rob me and got scared on the way to meet me or just royally screwed me by deciding not to trade anymore and leaving me high and dry after driving 15 miles from my house and waiting in purdy for 2 hours. not to mention i bought 2 boxes of self defense ammo for the 38 and some speedloaders on the way to meet him because he assured me we could make the trade. and even if not i wouldve just sold the ammo and speedloaders to him. i called him at the park n ride immediately after arriving on a pay phone and he didnt answer. i continued to call him and spent about 8 dollars on the pay phone calling him and the guy started picking up the phone and then hanging up. he didnt even have the decency to tell me he didnt want to meet me. just left me hanging. im furious and will never travel to do a ftf deal again for a while because of this. i would rather go by a gun for 600 in a gunshop then deal with this again.
Old September 23, 2008, 06:13 PM   #2
ishootblanks

Thanks

Bummer! Thanks for the heads up. Sorry you had to deal with the jerk, but with your information, we won't have to.
Old September 23, 2008, 06:43 PM   #3
kpbeckel

*********correction**********

As Ray (laidback253) has said, yes, we were going to make a trade. And before my name is slandered, I have had very good trades/buys through this forum. Member Laidback253 is 19 years old, so therefore by law I could not trade a handgun to him. He knows this is the reason, and even though things were set up before I was aware of this, it still is the fact that I will not put myself in a bad situation. That's that, and any moderator who would like to lock this thread, it'd be welcome, for I have no reason to argue over a Federal Law. Thanks.
Old September 23, 2008, 06:48 PM   #4
johnwilliamson062

LOL

+1 for peckels integrity. I only clicked on the article b/c I thought he had made a lot of deals on here before and was surprised. My question is, how did you get the pistol ammo? I think you committed a felony if what peckles said is true. The ATFE doesn't like that
Old September 23, 2008, 06:48 PM   #5
Mal H
Staff

Agreed, kpbeckel.

There were mistakes made on both sides of this "deal". Some felonious on one side, and some of a personal communications nature on the other.

Closed.
Closed Thread

Tags
kpbeckel , washington