The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old December 24, 2007, 10:51 AM   #1
Superhouse 15

Cheap patterning target

Hope this fits here, stick with me a minute.....

My girlfriend bought a bunch of wrapping paper at the local Hallmark store for our Christmas needs. As I was wrapping stuff I noticed that the paper is printed with a 1 inch grid on the back, I assume to make it easier for us ham-handed folks to wrap neatly. This stuff is perfect for patterning shotguns, or maybe for long range rifle shooters that think in inch groups. These rolls should be on sale after Christmas for 99 cents and have enough paper to pattern dozens of loads and are super easy to measure. No rulers, no fumbling with drawing circles, and you get to vent some after Christmas frustrations, too. No excuses now not to pattern those hunting or home defense loads you've been putting off!

Merry Christmas to all.
Old December 24, 2007, 04:38 PM   #2
Bailey Boat

You can also lay a silouette target on top of the wrapping paper and trace the scoring rings with a fresh Sharpie, it will bleed through the original and make enough of a line so you can finish it freehand on the wrapping paper..... never pay retail for anything.....