The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old September 23, 2012, 01:43 PM   #1
rickyjames

ar/m4 flip up sights

i just got a new ar 223 flat top. it came with no sights. i am looking for some flip up iron sights for it. i see a big selection of sights of all price ranges manufactured by names i don't recognize. they all flip up and down and are adjustable and the prices range from under $20 to more than $100 for each front and rear sight. the problem is i am internet shopping so i don't get to hold and examine each sight. can someone recommend a particular brand or sights? is there really a big difference between high and low priced sights? is there a feature i should look for, or avoid? i will be using them with a reflex sight and some of the flip sights appear to be taller than others. would height be a problem? oh, price while not a deal breaker is being considered. thanks.
Old September 23, 2012, 03:42 PM   #2
Creeper

If they are back-up sights, with all that the designation implies, there's no need to get anything fancier than the Magpul MBUS set. They are a excellent compromise of quality and value.
If you intend to use them for precision, longer ranges or competition work, then there are other, more expensive sights, Troy for example, that lend themselves well to that use.

C