The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Competition Shooting

Old November 30, 2002, 06:18 PM   #1
braindead0

Would you pay for a video tape of your competition performance?

I'm looking to expand my video production services, not looking to make a bunch of money at it...but I love shooting IDPA and thought I'd try to combine some of my hobbies.

Some of you have seen my work (MMM, Lies and Videotape), I like to think I do some pretty good stuff.

What I was thinking about doing, with permission from the club and a location release from the range of course.. and permission from the shooters.. Is to videotape folks shooting COF's, and offer an edited tape complete with slo-mo so that people can review their perfomance and look for areas to improve.

I'm wondering if you'd pay somewhere around $20 for a tape? This is cheaper than I'd normally do, but tons of fun for me so I have to factor that in.. and it's only a sideline.
Old November 30, 2002, 09:47 PM   #2
Duckfoot

Sir,
As for the some one wanting to buy one I'd say yes. For getting it made first, maybe! Finding a position that would give you a field of view and not interfere with the shooter or the RSO's could pose a bit of a problem. But, if you are asking if I would like a video of me and my friends shooting it up. I'd say yes.

Duck
Old December 1, 2002, 09:22 AM   #3
braindead0

Luckily, the local IDPA folks are currently shooting in bays that are about 50yds wide by 80yds long (bloody huge!). Which means I can stand just behind the shooter and a reasonable distance away.
Old December 1, 2002, 10:40 AM   #4
kend

I use a VC with a remote and put the camera slightly in front of the shooter off to their gun side so you can see the draw but it doesn't interfere with the cof. There is a "shoot the camera" factor here but you get a better view than from behind the shooter.
Old December 1, 2002, 12:55 PM   #5
braindead0

Good point, perhaps what I'll do is setup my old analog corder on a tripod and do it remote.. Then try to get some other shots from a different angle (as soon as I scrape together the money for a new camera).