The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old March 29, 2014, 04:17 PM   #1
Reloader2

17 Remington.

Nasty day out here in the PNW. I've been holed up in the reloading room prepping brass and doing a bit of loading.
Put together some 17 Remington loads with the Nosler 20 grain Varmageddon FB tipped bullets. They had factory seconds at a good price from the Shooter's Pro Shop awhile back. I put the bullets on top of a mid range dose of Varget powder. Also the first loads in this cartridge with the Lee Collet die.
Too nasty to get to the shooting bench but vacation time next week should allow some time to see if these are going to be okay for some mid range varmint shooting.
Old April 1, 2014, 10:00 PM   #2
Clark

I have 17M2 and 17M4 reamers, that is as close to 17Rem as I get. My wife has fired one shot from a rifle. A 17Rem and killed a prairie dog. That was in Montana.

I am in the greater Seattle area now.
I bike every day 7 miles in 1/2 hour.
I walk every day 3 miles in an hour.
I have really been getting wet lately.

So I have been tumbling brass as an indoor activity.
I think I have done ~ 35 batches in the basement shower.
30-06, 303 Brit, 6mmBRX, 6mmBR, .223, 6.5x55, 30-30, anything I can find that is dirty.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tumbling brass in the basement 4-1-2014.jpg (76.5 KB, 9 views)
"Ad hominem fallacy" is not the same as point by point criticism of books. If you bought the book, and believe it all, it may FEEL like an ad hominem attack, but you might strive to accept other points of view may exist.
Are we a nation of competing ideas, or a nation of forced conformity of thought?