The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old August 29, 2000, 04:44 PM   #1
quadcab

The Knaack Jobmaster Chests seem like they would make a roomy and relatively secure method of storing guns and accessories until I can decide on which safe to get. Their line (www.knaack.com) appear to be built better than the typical gun storage cabinets such as HOMAK,STACK-ON,etc. They also have a rather unique locking method that protects the padlock from bolt cutters and other devices. You could lag this baby to the floor or wall or load it up with some heavy gear and accessories. I know that I could find a use for it if I ever decide on an actual safe. Does anyone have any experiance using one of these for this purpose? I would appreciate your comments. Thanks,QUADCAB
Old August 29, 2000, 07:14 PM   #2
Mike Baugh

I used one for gun storage for a few years until I bought a safe , I still have it and use it for ammo storage now . I have friends that have bought them after looking at mine and they really like them . They are cheap compared to a safe , $250 compared to $900 + and they are very tough to break into , if the burglar has tools to break into the knaack he will probably get into your safe also . Good luck , Mike...
Old August 29, 2000, 07:44 PM   #3
quadcab

Mike; Thanks for the reply. What size or model did you get and did you feel that it was big enough? Did you do anything to anchor it down? QUADCAB
Old August 29, 2000, 09:31 PM   #4
Mike Baugh

The main body on mine is 24x24x48 , this size was perfect for me . I stored my guns in cases and just stacked them in on top of each other . If you put a a few cases of ammo in the bottom and stack your guns in , it would take quite an effort to move it , and you would be surprised how much you could fit in . I did not bolt mine down but you could if you like . I think the Knaack models are built better than the others that are out there . Good luck , Mike...