The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old February 1, 2013, 12:14 PM   #1
txray22

simply rugged

Has anyone seen a change in the simply rugged holsters? I just got my second one and it's just not the same.

Phil
Old February 1, 2013, 12:21 PM   #2
BarryLee

I ordered one a few years back and have been pretty happy with the fit and quality. I am considering ordering another one, so is something wrong with your holster or is it just different?
A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it ... gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
- Milton Friedman
Old February 1, 2013, 03:20 PM   #3
txray22

It's different. I ordered one for a 2.25 inch sp101. It fits ok, but it's longer than the older one. It does fit my 3 inch sp101 ok. I don't know if they just changed the design to accomodate the longer barrel or what. I think the next leather I buy will be Galco or Old El Paso Saddlery.

Phil
Old February 1, 2013, 05:26 PM   #4
The Great Mahoo

I only have 1 holster from SR, a pancake I purchased last year for my SP101. I'm happy with it. I bought a dump-pouch and an AR mag holder a while back; the mag holder works much better with my Mini-14.
Old February 1, 2013, 11:18 PM   #5
flintshooter

I have five of their holsters and the last one i received just before Christmas is just as good as the others. If your not happy with it give them a call and see what they say.
Old February 4, 2013, 01:00 PM   #6
9ballbilly

FWIW I have a Simply Rugged pancake sourdough holster for my Blackhawk .45 colt. I've had it about a year and use it often. I've had no problems of any kind with it and plan on buying another one for a different handgun very soon.
Old February 4, 2013, 03:22 PM   #7
twobit

Got two pancakes (one for a LCR, other for a 5 1/2" SAA). Also have two belts and two drop pouches. I guess my most recent purchase from then is about ten months ago. No problem with any of the stuff.
Old February 4, 2013, 06:28 PM   #8
MLeake

txray22, it's possible they mixed up the order and sent you a 3" holster. As flintshooter suggested, give Rob Leahy a call; my guess is he'll take care of you.