The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Lock and Load: Live Fire Exercises

Old June 15, 2010, 11:28 PM   #1
M4Sherman

Ranges near Memphis TN?

I have built a small range private range at my grand parents place (50 yards with a 30ft backstop) and it is great for plinking and pistols but I need a place where my brother and I can practice on a decent length range (100m-300m) with our Nagants and leverguns. so do yall know any good ranges around Memphis (prefer not to go west)
Old June 22, 2010, 09:09 AM   #2
1911 Shooter

memphis gun club , east of memphis, in arlington
Old June 23, 2010, 12:26 PM   #3
Idahoser

Memphis Sport Shooting Association
http://memphis-ssa.com/
is the name of the Arlington range, it's a very expensive membership to start but worthwhile, I finally decided. Especially since the county 'mayor' denied access to the range in Shelby Farms to the citizens who pay for it.
There's one in Batesville MS, we used to be members of, but it's a pretty long drive. I haven't been, but there's supposed to be one in Hernando, I believe it was. I've heard they were planning to open one in Fayette Co.

MSSA is a serious place, many ranges for anything you want to do. Serious about safety, but that's a good thing. Very nice facilities.
Old June 23, 2010, 05:41 PM   #4
M4Sherman

I dont really have much money at the moment since I am about to start college and am working at a grocery store. If they open one in Fayette I will be a VERY happy camper.