The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old October 27, 2012, 07:04 PM   #76
BLUETIP

Thanks guys this post has cured any thoughts of a taurus purchase.
Old October 28, 2012, 07:34 AM   #77
Pointshoot

There are some brands that I would only buy from a seller who offered a solid guarantee and no hassle return/exchange - Taurus fits in this category. I'd been considering the Judge as a snake gun, but watching a video that showed a guy having several misfires put that move on Hold.

Any manufacturer can turn out a bad example of product. Its how they treat the customer afterwards and how they resolve the issue that counts. Unfortunately, there seems to be too many of these recent accounts from people and their mis-adventures with their customer service. I don't want to spend the time, energy, & frustration on this if there is a problem.

P.S. - its too bad that they can't seem to get their act together consistently. Some of the shot patterns Ive seen with the Judge are excellent. The .410 is a miserable shot shell - particularly in the 3" shell - when it comes to shot patterns. But the Judge did quite well.

Tags
customer service , failure , revolvers , taurus , taurus judge