The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old May 5, 2007, 10:11 AM   #1
SamD

Avoid Wild Bill's Concealment.

Wild Bill and Co have horrible service and refuse to respond to customer inquiries.
After a year of messing with him, I'm calling the law. Crying shame really, they do good work when they a working.

You would be well advised to avoid them like a plague.

Sam
Old May 9, 2007, 02:44 PM   #2
SamD

After he failed to respond to the BBB, I gave it to the NC Attorney generals Office this morning.

Next step, Postal Inspection Service.

Sam
Old May 9, 2007, 06:16 PM   #3
Wrascal

Who and what are Wild Bills concealment?
Old May 9, 2007, 10:55 PM   #4
SamD

Well Wrascal,
They are a company from Garner N.C. that purports to make holsters, belts and other accessories. Couldn't tell it by me though.
They won't even answer a phone or email. I figure they done ripped me off being as how they got my money and I didn't get the holster, belt or mag carriers.

I understand he frequents shows in VA and the Carolinas so if any of you happen to come across him, tell him, Sam is looking for him (along with the NC AG's office and anyone else I can sic on him)

All they had to do was answer the phone and tell me a lie, couldn't even get up the nerve to do that, let alone deliver on an order.
Old May 10, 2007, 12:19 PM   #5
imatt

They were at the NC gun show in Raleigh selling holsters on 5/5/2007. I wonder why the disconnect with the internet/phone orders?
Old May 11, 2007, 02:25 AM   #6
SamD

I fellow on THR offered to personally contact him at that show but
Wild Bill(Bowden) still hasn't responded. I made every reasonable effort that a person cold to contact him over and received no reply.

Pretty sad.

Sam
Old May 12, 2007, 07:49 AM   #7
G23/40

I've bought several things from him at the shows.
Seems like a nice guy,no problems.
I'll also check with him at the next show.
Any info I need to pass along?
G23/40
Old May 12, 2007, 02:30 PM   #8
SamD

If you would tell him that Sam from Alamogordo New Mexico would really prefer to have the holster, belt and mag pouches than to spend the rest of his life extracting $200 dollars worth of flesh from him(and I will just on principle).

I really do understand that folks get behind on work, suppliers sometimes don't and that sometimes you just don't feel like going to work.
I run a small gunsmithing operation and and I'm intimatly familiar with all of those things, but you never ever under any circumstances fail to respond to a customer.
Customers feed you and ones treated well are the best possible and most loyal advertisers you could ever have.

Hell Id even be happy if he emailed and told me some preposterous lie instead of ignoring me. If he called and told the truth about why He still hasn't shipped the stuff to me after 8 months, I'd say OK and wait patiently. As it is I'm madder than #e!!.

Sam
Old May 21, 2007, 09:29 PM   #9
Daniel BOON

caller I D

try calling from a different ph; caller I D is both a curse and a blessing.
Old May 21, 2007, 10:35 PM   #10
SteelyNirvana

I grew up going to Wild bills with my dad to look around everynow and then when I was a kid when they were at that shopping center off of Wade Ave. in Raleigh. I remember when I was 5 or 6 I cut myself real bad with a combat knife they had in the store. The owner (I guess it was "Wild bill") came rushing over and got me all bandaged up. He apoligized many times to my old man,my old man's response was " I've tried to teach him better than that". I hate to hear they've gone to [color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color]. I'll have to pass the word on to my dad next time I see him.
Old May 22, 2007, 09:08 AM   #11
Edward429451

Try leavin them a message from a different number and sound like you're a new customer excited to buy one of their holsters. If they smell fresh money you'll prolly get a quick call back.
Old May 28, 2007, 09:05 AM   #12
CattleNgunz

did me good

I ordered a belt slide from them online and forgot to pick the color. Next day a girl called me and told me, picked it, five days it arrived. Don't have anycomplaints. Woody
Old May 28, 2007, 11:51 PM   #13
SamD

Robbed ME!

You like to call them for me?
maybe they will answer if you call.

Sam
Old May 30, 2007, 06:37 PM   #14
CattleNgunz

Sam, I just randomed picked them from the internet,and Filled out the order form. Like I said earlier smooth as silk. Really hate your experience. One reason I like paying by credit card, If I get shafted , I don't pay it ,let the card folks fight it. Hope you get some resolution.
Old June 3, 2007, 11:09 AM   #15
SamD

I understand what you are saying CattlNgunz, but paying with the credit card doesn't help a lot when the order is made in Oct and the delivery still has not been made by June!

Wild Bills Concealment are thieves!

Sam
Old June 3, 2007, 05:00 PM   #16
DouglasW

Sadly, I have to concur with SamD on the poor service from Will Bill's. Going back a few years...I ordered a belt and holster from Wild Bill. He told me they'd ship in 10-12 weeks, and charged my credit card immediately. I had no problem with the wait....it seemed reasonable for quality work.

Cut to the chase, after many months passed and dozens and dozens of unanswered phone calls to them -- and a few "it shipped today" downright lies from them -- I finally received my order 13 months later.

Nice holster, but terrible customer service.

Sadly, I've heard quite a few cautionary tales lately about other holster-makers too. Not sure why. One explanation was that there was some interruption in the availability of holster-quality leather...which might explain the delays, but not the lack of communication/responsiveness to paying customers.

BTW, after six months I did try to contest the credit card charge, but was told by Visa that I only had 90 days to contest a charge. Now I only do business with merchants (gun-related or others) who don't charge until they begin the actual work.
Old June 6, 2007, 10:30 PM   #17
SamD

Smart move DouglasW.

I hate it when everybody has to suffer because 1 [color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color] cand deal straight.

Sam
Old July 18, 2007, 06:36 PM   #18
SamD

Well Wild Bill's Concealment finally delivered today.

About 7 months late.

It was exactly what I ordered, the fit finish and workmanship are vbery good.
Wish they had the customer service to go along with it.

I have notitief the Raleigh Durham better Business Bureau and the NC Attorney generals Office.

thanks for the support folks.

Sam
Old July 19, 2007, 03:31 PM   #19
johnbt

Glad you got it and it works.

Everything I've bought from him has been at the gun show. No, I did order a slightly modified tan IWB for a 442 and got it in a few weeks. That was many years ago.

Anyway, glad it finally came.

I was told Pale Horse was slower than slow, but I ordered a holster and 2 mag pouches and got them in 2 or 3 weeks. My conclusion is... it just depends.

John
Old December 23, 2007, 10:53 AM   #20
Frenchy

I ordered a holster from them in late September for my CZ-82 (contured belt slide). When I called them a month ago to check on status, I was told that Bill has been ill, and that a young lady was being training in to mold the holsters. She told me at that time that it would be a couple of more weeks.
Since that time, My emails have not been answered, and their phones are not answered. Their voice mail is full, so I can't leave a message.
I paid with debit/credit card, and they do have my money.
Does anyone have a clue as to what is going on over there?

After reading the posts to this thread, I'm either screwed or have a long wait.
Old February 5, 2008, 09:14 PM   #21
panamared

Save money and grief

I waited over six months for an "in stock" item. I finally received it after numerous phone calls. I was disappointed with the mediocre quality of the holster and the way I was treated. The holster cost around $70.00, honestly I've bought better for $50.00. Save yourself some money and grief, shop anywhere but Wild Bill's.
Old February 7, 2008, 11:46 AM   #22
OldCorp

I know Bill, used to work with him. A good man, but ya'll are right - terrible at customer service. His products are great, I wear a S&W 4566 in a speed scabbard at work every day, and have for years.
Another Speed Scabbard for a Para CCO I ordered a couple of years ago took almost 6 months to get.
It's my understanding that severe illness has worsened what was already poor customer service. He was not at his table at the last Raleigh Gun Show.

I wish all good luck with getting their orders filled, but given some circumstances, it may not happen.
Old February 14, 2009, 12:21 PM   #23
Captainjack

Having the same problems with this guy. Except I got the the bs "it will ship next week". Two weeks later no holster. My problem is now I'm moving and will be out of country for a while. I'm turning it over to my attorney, if not for the $150, just because I don't like getting screwed.
Old February 14, 2009, 12:30 PM   #24
Frenchy

I finally recieved my holster in November...13 months from the order date. Great holster and fit, but I'll never deal with him again.
Old February 14, 2009, 05:34 PM   #25
Captainjack

Crap. I can't belive this guy is getting away with this. I just got off a google search of him and every forum around has the same story. There should be a "guys to avoid" section on this forum to help people from making the same mistakes we have.