The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old November 27, 2009, 01:57 PM   #1
coldpointcrossing

TK40 on the way!

I just ordered a TK40. I decided on getting one about 2 weeks ago and finally ordered one off ebay. From all I have read about it, I am pretty sure I will be impressed. Can't wait.
Old December 1, 2009, 10:19 AM   #2
coldpointcrossing

TK40 Arrived

This is just a copy and paste of my first impression of my new light. Too lazy to retype it all.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The TK arrived yesterday while I was out of town. Got in about an hour ago. Nice surprise.

First of all, this light is nowhere near as big as I imagined it would be. It is a very handy size - (+). Also, nowhere near as heavy as I thought it would be - (+). Have to wait till I pick up some lithiums and this evening to check it's performance out.

The UI is a little touchy, for me anyway - (-). The light could have really benefited from a ring style selector combined with the tail "clicky". The ring could have possibly incorporated a lock-out position to alleviate both the parasitic drain and an unintentional on situation. The tail clicky could have actuated the multiple strobe features based on ring position. I would welcome a redesigned end piece incorporating these features.

This is my first impression of the light though based on one hour in hand. Overall, I'm very happy with the light. Till later.