The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old December 20, 2006, 02:33 PM   #1
RsqVet

Browning 1919

Hey all this is not technically a NFA question, however I figure the only folks with experiance in this area would be lukring here.

Anyone have experince with the 1919 kits on the market and the Semi-auto sideplates???

I ask because I was thinking it might be a fun / relitivly low cost (esp if you figure it per pound) project. Maybe even apreciate in value in years to come?

Is this something for the dedicated enthusist with some smithing / machine work experince to to tackle or is it a pro only sort of proposition?

Any pitfalls to avoid? Legal or mechanical?

Yeah I'd rather have full auto but mroe then that I'd rather keep my 12K or more in the bank.
Old December 25, 2006, 01:36 PM   #2
Asmodeous

Wander on over to www.1919a4.com They have FAQs on building your own gun and lots of knowledgable folks.
Old December 27, 2006, 05:16 AM   #3
mxwelch

To make a semi auto sideplate would be no problem, (perfectly legal), where I live, in VA. I've glanced at the print and it doesn't look too hard provided you have the machinery to do it with. It's not a garage project if that's what you're wondering.