The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old June 16, 2009, 12:27 PM   #1
richard otto

shotgun help please

I have an old 20ga that used to be my dads, i'm trying to find out what year it was made but cant find anything anywhere on the manufacturer. can anyone help? it was made by the Diamond fire arms co. of st. louis. it has 483HS stamped on it. has anyone heard of this company?

Last edited by richard otto; June 16, 2009 at 12:42 PM.
Old June 16, 2009, 01:27 PM   #2
SDC

This was a "contract" or "hardware store" gun, made by a large manufacturer (in this case, Stevens) for a chain of stores that wanted to sell guns with their own private name; "Diamond Arms" was a name used by the Shapleigh Hardware Co. of St. Louis, Missouri, and they contracted with Stevens to make the guns sold under that name. Sorry, I don't have any info on when this gun was made.