The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old July 5, 2009, 04:06 PM   #1
bowman1962

HK94 questions before buying.

Has anyone had any experience with a HK94 and if so would you recommend them to anybody? I know that they are no longer imported and are some what of a collectors item but if I buy it, I will be shooting it
Old July 5, 2009, 06:12 PM   #2
4V50 Gary
Staff

No experience with the HK-94, but I've shot plenty with the MP5s and a MP5/40. For a semi, it's awfully expensive for a 9mm pistol caliber carbine. If you've got the ducats, go for it.
Old July 10, 2009, 09:06 AM   #3
Chipperman

They are definitely pricey. Part of the high cost is the fact that they can be SBR'd and have a registered sear put in to basically make it a full-auto MP5.
All original HK-94s are becoming more scarce. Keeping one in original condition with the long barrel I think will make it more valuable in the future.

Here's a photo of my MP5:

It started life as a 94, but was SBR'd, had a paddle mag release installed, and a sear put in. It was remarked to MP5, so an uneducated person would not even know that it was originally an HK-94.