The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Closed Thread

Old August 1, 2011, 03:16 PM   #1
2amencw

Bohica 50 firing pin

If anyone has a Bohica 50 bmg upper and needs a replacement or extra firing pin pm me. I have a shop the can make these with comparable quality and price. If we can get an additional 18 requests the price will be $20. These are based on the generation 2 firing pin style.
Old October 10, 2011, 01:58 PM   #2
daggertt

me!! me!! i need two. if its too late, could you at least send me the specs so i could have a local machinist fab me a couple? thanks
Old October 25, 2011, 07:57 AM   #3
LDBennett

I'll take one.

LDBennett

[email protected]
Old October 25, 2011, 02:51 PM   #4
ibkickinit

These are based on gen 2? I'm looking for a gen 4... still interested tho. [email protected]
Old October 26, 2011, 02:11 PM   #5
LDBennett

What? There are "generations" of BOHICA's?

Here is my firing pin. If the one being made is different than this one then I can not use it.

LDBennett
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG.jpg (86.8 KB, 145 views)
Old November 9, 2011, 08:49 PM   #6
daggertt

there are only 2 generations of firing pins. there are 4 generations of UPPERS, (MkI through IV) but the first firing pin used c-clips and didnt have the triangular head. Chris then redesigned it with machined spacers to keep the pin floating in the bolt as well as shaving three sides of the head to allow gas to escape in the event of a ruptured case (preventing the pin head from acting as a plunger and causing the firing pin to be shot back through the stock in the event of such a failure). the one picture above is the second and latest generation firing pin.
Old November 15, 2011, 02:52 PM   #7
rkboyer911

Hope you get enough orders! I want one!
Old November 21, 2011, 07:31 PM   #8
ibkickinit

sorry, hadn't distinguished the generations properly. I am waiting intently for this to get the go ahead . Piecing together my gun, but can't (or rather won't) fire it until I have a new firing pin.

On a side note: has anyone fitted a YHM fore-end onto their Bohica? I screwed on a rifle length I had, and while the thread pitch is correct, it has ALOT of play and slop when threaded on. Doesn't slide off, but the interference of the threads seems too minimal. /threadjack
Old November 22, 2011, 10:55 AM   #9
dogmush

I would be in for two.
Old November 23, 2011, 01:15 AM   #10
Happy Killmore

Sign me up!!!

This will simply drop in where the old one went? I'll buy! Thank you!!
Old November 23, 2011, 02:21 AM   #11
daggertt

@ibkikinit: I put a YHM lightweight rifle length on mine. at first it didnt index correctly. i ended up putting a bunch of locktite on it and twisting it harder and it ended up lining up perfectly, although im not sure i could replicate it, it just seemed to happen. however, there are generally threaded holes in the last rail section in which you could locktite some tension screws to secure the forend where you want it. the screw thread is 5/16x32. (http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Yank...p/yhm-9434.htm)

and yes, they will just be a replacement firing pin, so when you take your bolt apart (for example to insert it into the upper receiver) you would just put it in place of the other firing pin.

alright everyone, thanks for your interest thus far. im not sure what the ETA is on getting these things made at this point. but tell your friends, (or post on other forums). its good to know that there IS an interest. im not the guy actually heading it up, i just want a couple firing pins too. haha. (see first post)
Old November 27, 2011, 08:13 AM   #12
Happy Killmore

Original Poster?

Is the original poster even still around? I sent a PM like he asked but I've never received a reply. I even offered to pay more than $20 each for two pins now. Anyone here know anything about this? Thanks.
Old November 27, 2011, 05:26 PM   #13
daggertt

indeed he is. i got this PM from him 2 days ago:

"My machinist is doing measurements for cnc. He wanted to do them in cromoly but i am really wanting the D2. a little harder to work but will last longer. If anyone has a micrometer or pin protrusion gauge we are trying to get a solid measurement on the pin protrusion through the bolt face. I think we are about 3-4 weeks away from cutting. I am going to meet with the shop owner in the next week or so.

2amencw"
Old December 6, 2011, 01:22 PM   #14
ibkickinit

As soon as I get home I will check the pin protrusion on mine. I still have an unfired bolt and pin.
Old December 17, 2011, 09:34 PM   #15
ibkickinit

Sorry for the lag, mine is showing at .120" per my caliper. That is for an unfired first-gen design.
Old January 1, 2012, 03:11 PM   #16
ibkickinit

New years bump... Any progress? My new years resolution is to finish this gun!
Old January 20, 2012, 08:15 PM   #17
mereck

I am in need of a few new ones. I have the E clip one now. If I'm too late, could you give me all the dimensions to have one made?

Thank you
Old January 28, 2012, 07:46 PM   #18
RoyArms

I will take one also, maybe two.

[email protected]
Old August 4, 2012, 07:14 PM   #19
ibkickinit

**UPDATE**

Firing pins are almost ready!

Just got the batch in. I had extra made so that I can get these to as many people as need them. The gentleman who made these has been amazing to work with. They will ship out Monday for heat treating. I have a FS thread going here: http://www.primalrights.com/forum/vi...hp?f=15&t=5446. Price will be 35 shipped for one, 30 for each additional. Looks like cashiers check and Paypal gift are the practical methods of payment.

And now, for your viewing pleasure... The dark firing pin is mine, which I modified with drill collars to replace the e-clips. Enjoy!

Old March 22, 2013, 04:40 PM   #20
Lerxst2000

Bohica gen 2 firing pin CAD file

After paying $100 for a gen 2 firing pin from Justin Edgerly and then not receiving any contact once I paid for the pin and repeated requests for two weeks before it was finally sent out to me, and being the CAD draftsman that I am, I decided to create the pin in CAD and distribute it free of charge so anyone can have one made for them if and when the need arises. If you want the file, just PM me with your email address and I will send you the file.

Here are some pics of the pin in CAD.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BOHICA PIN 5.jpg (88.7 KB, 91 views)
File Type: jpg BOHICA PIN 2.jpg (27.3 KB, 80 views)
File Type: jpg BOHICA PIN 3.jpg (21.0 KB, 78 views)
Old July 3, 2015, 06:46 PM   #21
Wadethompson824

Needing a couple of these firing pins and springs for a customer. Any help would be appreciated!
Closed Thread