The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old November 10, 2008, 10:05 PM   #1
croc4

load for .357 sig

Hey all,

just purchased a sig P2340 in .357sig and I would like to get some feed back on loads that have worked well for you, I also purchased some 124gr JHP projectiles that I plan on using, I wasn't sure if I should go with 147gr or 115gr, so I picked the midpoint

Any feedback on what loads have yielded good results in accuracy dept?

thanks,

Croc4
Old November 12, 2008, 10:07 PM   #2
totalloser

I load 9 grains of no5 behind a 124 grain match hollowpoint for my Glocks, 22 & 27 (both are .40, but I have the .357 conversion barrels) I have been very happy with this load, but I don't know if I'm the pickiest. I sort of price shop, and then do the best with what I get. If you want a slower burning powder, www.hi-techammo.com has no7 for super cheap right now. The higher charge required makes it cost about the same as normal price no5, but some folks have better accuracy with the slower burning powder.

There's some pretty good deals to be had in 9mm lately, I just got a bunch of surplus 115 fjm's for SUPER cheap from hi-tech (they're ugly!) and the Remington match 124's are only 9cents apiece.

Have fun! .357 sig is a hoot to shoot!

By the way, watch out for long ogive 9mm bullets. To seat them short enough to fit the mag, they will not be out far enough to stay put. Like for instance, Rainier 124 plated hp's CANNOT BE LOADED in .357 sig. Loaded to fit the mag, the bullet will fall back into the powder. I'm not describing this well, but suffice it to say its something to consider.

Last edited by totalloser; November 12, 2008 at 10:30 PM.
Old November 12, 2008, 11:17 PM   #3
croc4

thank you

thanks, I have #5 and 124gr JHP's so at this point its a waiting game before I can take possession of it and hit the range.

croc4