The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Old June 10, 2009, 02:40 PM   #1
homer1

Lovin' my Colt AR in 22LR

Just fired my new Colt AR in 22lr. I love it and for thew price. WOW
Old June 10, 2009, 02:50 PM   #2
precision_shooter

Glad you like it. I just can't justify paying that much money for a dedicated 22lr AR that has a proprietary lower. I would rather get a Spikes Tactical complete upper if I wanted a 22lr AR. The GSG-5 to me is a better deal, at least it's different than the overplayed AR style rifles.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776
Old June 10, 2009, 03:24 PM   #3
homer1

The whole gun is cheaper than a spikes upper
Old June 10, 2009, 03:30 PM   #4
precision_shooter

Yes, but it utilizes the standard AR lower and not a proprietary one. This means I can still have the same basic weapon layout and have multiple caliber uppers instead of having to grab another AR in a different caliber.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776
Old June 10, 2009, 03:56 PM   #5
EAJ702

Homer1, how does the Colt feed? Any issues with it, ammo or the mag's? Thanks.
Old June 10, 2009, 04:12 PM   #6
homer1

:I can grab another gun quicker than I can swap the upper. To each his own I guess. The only feeding issues were with some JUNK DIRTY bulk ammo. We knew they wouldn't feed but thought we'd try. It even feed the eley sub sonics without adjustment