The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old March 11, 2010, 12:12 PM   #1
MontyCop05

My Texas Boar Hunt (pics)

So just got back from a wild boar hunt in Texas. Trip was great and I ended up with a 100+ pounder on the 2nd of 2days of hunting. Used a Remmington 700 in 300 Win Mag shooting Winchester Supreme Elite XP3 180 Grain. Cedar Springs was great, the owner and operators were great and I will definitely be returning again next year.

Old March 11, 2010, 02:25 PM   #2
Inspector3711

Nice... Man I wish I lived down that way. Instead i have to wait for them to migrate north. I don't have the budget for and Texas trips anytime soon!
Old March 11, 2010, 07:12 PM   #3
GunsAreGood

Nice hall bud. It looks like you had a good time. The more you shoot the better in Texas. It is so overrun with pigs out there it crazy. Congrats on a good hunt.

If guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns
Old March 12, 2010, 12:49 AM   #4
hoghunting

Wow, that's the first time I've seen anyone in Texas put up a fence to keep wild hogs in!!! Congratulations on your hunt, and glad you had a good time down here.
Old March 12, 2010, 12:55 AM   #5
MontyCop05

Quote:
Wow, that's the first time I've seen anyone in Texas put up a fence to keep wild hogs in!!! Congratulations on your hunt, and glad you had a good time down here.
The owner has sectioned off a portion of his property where he is only putting wild boar that he has caught and castrated for better eating.
Old March 14, 2010, 11:27 AM   #6
waterfowler

Nice job
Old March 14, 2010, 12:55 PM   #7
hogdogs
Staff In Memoriam

Quote:
The owner has sectioned off a portion of his property where he is only putting wild boar that he has caught and castrated for better eating.
Actually we do not consider castrated hogs to be "boars" any longer... they are "barrow" or "barr" for short... It does help with not only better eating but they actually get to put on fat (including bacon) which makes cooking much easier as lean pork dries out real easy.
Brent