The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old March 23, 2009, 10:18 PM   #1
epr105

Baby Eagle (Jerico)

I got a used baby eagle .45acp pistol about a month ago. I know the person that I bought it from he got it new a couple of years ago. He only put 200 rounds through the gun. I put 200 through the gun and the firing pin snapped in half. I called magnum research and was told that they would not sell me the pin which is 12 dollars. I had to send the gun to them to install the new pin and make sure that the decocker was in spec. I asked how much that cost and was told 100 dollars not including shipping each way that needs to be insured. I also asked about warranty and they only honor the warranty for a year after purchase. Now this to me is a defective part that I could very easily replace myself. The part is a MIM part that needs no fitting.
Any idea as to where I can get the firing pin so I can replace it without having to send the gun to Magnum Research and get ripped off.
BTW I work on Smith and Wessons, Colt, Bushmaster and Glocks on a regular basis What would be so different about the Baby Eagle or Jerico
Any ideas appreciated
EPR105
Old March 25, 2009, 12:40 PM   #2
CowTowner

Well now, your Magnum Research Full Size Baby Eagle (So I'm told) comes from the same plant as an EAA Witness. Never mind what is stamped in the frame.
Take a look here:
http://www.tanfoglioparts.com/upperparts.html
Priced higher than $12 though.
You can call Henning and ask him if it will fit. Great guy to chat with and very helpful in my experience with him.

I have asked MR in the past for parts and have gotten the same answer as you got. I do not understand why they won't sell a drop in part since there is no warranty invovled for them to cover.
“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life......” President John F. Kennedy

Last edited by CowTowner; March 25, 2009 at 03:08 PM. Reason: More comments.
Old March 25, 2009, 08:00 PM   #3
epr105

Thanks I didn't think about it until I read the reply but, I remember that I saw or read that before. I will give them a call in the AM. I see that they have a better than the factory pin so I don't mind the extra money. I just cant send the gun out for a hundred plus when it is simple and I can do it myself. Thanks again I hope this is the answer.
EPR105