The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Curios and Relics

Old May 16, 2010, 10:13 AM   #1
TX Hunter

Questions about Scout Scopes

I have a Yugo 24 47 Mauser, I like it alot, but hate the sights,
I decided to put a Scout Rail on it, (Because I do not want to permanantly alter the gun) And am wondering, Does it matter if I use a True Scout Scope, or a Pistol Scope?
And what do they mean by Paralax set at 50 yards?
Old May 16, 2010, 05:20 PM   #2
OldShooter

I don't know about the parallax, but find out what the spec is on eye relief. It might work.
Old May 16, 2010, 07:03 PM   #3
alloy

My only experience would be to measure the eye relief you want before you lay out the bux, and don't go by the published spec....look thru them.. Three pistol optics I've found that work perfectly(for me) are a old burris 3x20, a new burris 2-7 and an old nikon monarch 2x20(which is actually 1.5x). These work perfectly at 11-13 inches eye relief which is what I wanted for couple of particular rifles.

But that is the distance I needed. I cut a piece of wire 12" and rode around trying everything in a pistol scope. Leupold...no, Bushnell and the new Nikon Encore...no, all needed to be at full arms length.

The three I mentioned I own...are parallax free for 100 yards, not 50 like some handgun scopes...which was one consideration.
Old May 17, 2010, 06:29 AM   #4
madcratebuilder

Has anyone tried the cantilever scope mount for the Yugu? first rail attaches at the rear sight then a second rail attaches to it and moves the scope back to a normal position. It uses a stabilizing screw at the top of the chamber.