check out www.singleactions.com
Old January 23, 2010, 11:31 AM   #52
rudy270

44mag

I did and i can't find info thanks
Old January 31, 2010, 08:54 AM   #53
MKD

44 Seville

Not to high jack this thread but I have a question and since I found this site and topic about the gun when I was researching the firearm I thought I would ask this question. I have had this gun for about 20 some odd years and have taken it hunting with me many times. (actually shot some deer with it) Well I am older and I am having a scope mounted to my pistol to use for deer hunting exclusively. Has anyone else done this? I know the gunsmith said he needs to custom make the scope mount because stock mounts will not work. Any feed back will be appreciated.
Old January 31, 2010, 03:41 PM   #54
Seville

as long as a qualified smith does the work to maintain the integrity of the frame you should be fine.
Old March 21, 2010, 10:21 PM   #55
MKD

New Scope

Thanks

Last edited by MKD; March 21, 2010 at 10:29 PM.
Old November 16, 2010, 06:15 PM   #56
Resjr73

I have an Abilene .44 mag, magnaloy with an original 6" barrel. The barrel was pinned, the firing pin hole welded shut and I got it with a new firing pin, a new 7 1/2" barrel, original box with the wood lid, original papers and I need a frame. Numerich Arms said that the frame is no longer available and a good gunsmith said he wouldn't drill and mill it cause the temper in the metal was changed when it was welded. This hand cannon is beautiful, ser. # A003558 and I don't want to see it on a wall. Can anybody help me please?
Old May 15, 2011, 09:44 PM   #57
Static8

.45 U.S. Arms Abilene

Hi folks,

Yesterday morning my brother-in law called me from an estate sale and asked if I was interested in buying a revolver. He described the piece to me and told me that it was a U.S. Arms .45 in beautiful condition. He knew that I'd been wanting to buy a revolver for quite a while and I'm glad he called me. I asked him how much they were asking. They wanted $400. He said that while he's not interested in revolvers, he thought this was one of the most beautiful revolvers he'd seen and though I'd heard of U.S. Arms, I didn't know much about the company. I asked him to purchase it for me and I would pay him back. Anyhow, when I first saw the gun yesterday it looked like it had only been fired a few times if at all. We shot 24 rounds through it and it was surprisingly smooth. He told me that if I changed my mind about purchasing the gun after seeing/firing it he would understand and would keep it for himself. I immediately fell in love with it and purchased it on the spot. Last night I was scouring the internet trying to find out as much information on it as I could but surprisingly I couldn't find much on the .45. Most of the information I found on this forum was on the .357 and .44 variants of the weapon. I don't know much about the changes made to this gun besides the angle of the screw facing the cylinder. At any rate, I thought I would post some pictures of this beautiful revolver and hope that some of you fine folks can help shed some light on this .45 model. I don't question that I got a good deal on this, but I was wondering as to it's rarity and estimated value. It's a true beauty and a joy to shoot. I enjoyed reading the previous posts regarding the history of the U.S. Arms company. Thank you in advance for any input.

Below is a link to pictures of the gun:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KW-wKOqE1FQ
Old July 8, 2011, 02:32 PM   #58
Supermagfan

Seville,

I own a Hauppage NY .44 mag in Stainless that I need a replacement rear sight for. Do you know of a source for one? Lee does not know of one.

Desperate for a rear sight
Old July 8, 2011, 04:54 PM   #59
The Shadow

Thanks to ..... John Himmelmann and Lee Martin for detailed reminders like this to help keep the memory of US Arms & US Sporting Arms alive today. I purchased my new .44 Mag, Abeline with 7.5 bbl and the rare Magnaloy (brushed chrome) finish sometime around 1979 +-. It's a tank, with beautiful fit & finish, and comparable in many respects to my FA's. As you can see, it's still 100% w/wood lid box and papers.

the Shadow

Last edited by The Shadow; July 9, 2011 at 08:56 PM.
Old July 19, 2011, 02:10 PM   #60
KateKrueger

Abilene Barrel Length question

That is a beautiful Abilene you have and as I write this reply I'm looking at an identical version of it EXCEPT this one has a 4 5/8" barrel.

It is 44 MAG and has Magnaloy finish with pristine wood grips and the cylinder has never even been turned (not a mark on it). SN A005010. It is nestled in its original box with wood cover and resting on it's original papers.

Can someone tell me how old it is or it's value or anything? According to the books I've read these were made in 7.5 and 8.5 barrel lengths.

Thanks for the help,
Kate
Old March 1, 2012, 05:56 PM   #61
Shootinflorida

Need sights for an Abilene 44 magnum

I subscribed to this forum because there is very little information out there about the abilenes. I recently purchased an abilene 44 mag from a guy and the only fault is the sights. The front sight was ground down and the rear sight had been removed. I can't find any parts in stock online. Does anyone know where or how I could find a set of sights for this gun. I shot it and like the pistol. Without sights still was pretty accurate. I believe with a good set of sights it would be very accurate and of course a complete gun. Also, if sights are not available, what are the options when mounting a scope. I couldn't find a scope mount for it either. Looking at the previous posts there are some very well informed gentleman and I seek your wisdom.

Thanks,
Old June 8, 2014, 06:57 PM   #62
Rafters182

Need help with broken Abilene

My father recently gave me his Abilene. I've been out, and shot it, but on the second shot the gun locked up and the hammer wouldn't pull back... once I got it home and inspected it, what I found out was the anvil link has broken. I've look on Numrich and have found the part that I need but there are two styles of anvil link, the "new" and "old" model, the first being 1.440" and the other around 1.8", I know this particular one on mine (that broke) was the old style (1.8"). Will the new style fit work and be advantageous or do I have to use the exact part that was in there? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Old July 21, 2014, 03:51 PM   #63
Mike_Fontenot

Anyone know the weight of a US Arms Abilene .44mag (with approx a 6-1/2" barrel)?
Old July 21, 2014, 10:58 PM   #64
gyvel

Quote:
I've look on Numrich and have found the part that I need but there are two styles of anvil link, the "new" and "old" model, the first being 1.440" and the other around 1.8",

A bit of a PITA, but order both, then send the one back you don't use. You can call Numrich and request a pre-paid return shipping label for the part so you don't have to pay return postage.

Last edited by gyvel; July 22, 2014 at 03:08 PM.
Old January 3, 2015, 12:23 AM   #65
ChristensenLeather

US Arms Abilene; timing issues

gyvel: did you ever find your anvil safety link, the correct one?

I've got an AIG Abilene left to me by my late father, has had a timing problem I recently figured out: the cylinder lock up bolt isnt releasing early enough, so when the hand engages the cylinder it is attempting to rotate before the bolt can drop down enough to clear. Took apart and seems like the aft vertical portion of the bolt that is contacted by the hammer cylinder bolt plunger is mushroomed a bit (odd damage, not sure how this could have happened by previous owner), if cant find the part, which has been a failure thus far, considering having a strip welded onto the upright and file down to size. Needs about a 1/16'' of material, which is quite a bit considering. Once again, how this could be damaged as such is beyond me. Anyone ever come across a simiar problem with these?
Closed Thread