The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old March 26, 2013, 10:11 AM   #1
mayosligo

NAGR and NRA

I am a little put off by the NAGR emails that hammer the NRA about making deals to forfeit our rights. The latest talks about them making a deal with Joe Machin. Why is the NAGR looking to divide gun owners. This is the opening I the letter it reeks of what I would call "lack if sources".

According to Politico, Sen. Joe Manchin is in secret negotiations with unnamed NRA officials to sell out our gun rights.

I've warned you from the beginning that our gravest danger was an inside-Washington driven deal.

As Politico put it in an exclusive article entitled "NRA, Manchin Talking" this past Saturday, March 23rd, "a Manchin-NRA deal could draw in enough Republicans and red-state Democrats to defeat an expected GOP filibuster of the overall gun control bill."
Old March 26, 2013, 10:15 AM   #2
Kimio

Agreed, I support the NAGR and NRA, but seriously, this is a fight that requires that we all fight as one.

United we stand, divided we fall, it's simple fact.
Old March 26, 2013, 12:59 PM   #3
dogtown tom

NAGR will lie, obfuscate the truth and deceive to get you to donate. They have little credibility in the gun community and zero on Capitol Hill.

Here's an excellent thread on AR15 where Dudley Brown is exposed for what he is:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/126...un_Rights.html

Plano, Texas...........the Gun Nut Capitol of Gun Culture, USA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pELwCqz2JfE
Old March 26, 2013, 02:51 PM   #4
cvc944

Quote:
According to Politico, Sen. Joe Manchin is in secret negotiations with unnamed NRA officials to sell out our gun rights.
Sure sounds a bit vague and not terribly specific to me. I will continue to put my faith in the NRA rather than in these also-rans with their unsubstantiated reports.
Old March 26, 2013, 03:01 PM   #5
mayosligo

NAGR and NRA

I think it is very unfortunate that the NAGR is choosing to engage in this behavior. One would think they were actually working for the anti gun groups.
Old March 26, 2013, 04:04 PM   #6
Come and take it.

It is not so much as creating division as it pulls on the NRA to do what is right or face a loss of membership. Nothing wrong with that.

We don't need any more compromises.
Old March 26, 2013, 04:19 PM   #7
cvc944

I'm just leery of any organization that purports to be a better alternative to the NRA for any reason. It was in 2005 that the 'American Hunters and Shooters Association' showed up to save us all from the many things they viewed as wrong with the NRA. I almost sent these people money before finding out that their opinions on gun crime aligned with even more new gun laws. And hunting? I can't believe they had the gall to put that sacred word in their name.
Old March 26, 2013, 04:40 PM   #8
BarryLee

The information about the NRA was falsely reported by NBC and debunked by the NRA two weeks ago.

http://www.nraila.org/news-issues/ne...heck-bill.aspx
A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it ... gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
- Milton Friedman
Old March 26, 2013, 04:51 PM   #9
Aguila Blanca
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayosligo
I think it is very unfortunate that the NAGR is choosing to engage in this behavior. One would think they were actually working for the anti gun groups.
In fact, "they" are working for Dudley Brown.
Old March 26, 2013, 06:01 PM   #10
thallub

Quote:
NAGR will lie, obfuscate the truth and deceive to get you to donate. They have little credibility in the gun community and zero on Capitol Hill.
NAGR is a scurrilous organization that attempts to make money by badmouthing the NRA. i was present on the AR-15 forum when Dudley Brown told his outrageous lie and got pummeled for it.
Old March 26, 2013, 07:36 PM   #11
mayosligo

NAGR and NRA

Barry. What strange is the email was sent to me yesterday.
Old March 26, 2013, 07:51 PM   #12
Evan Thomas

Quote:
What strange is the email was sent to me yesterday.
There's nothing unusual about that, when you consider that there are 10-year-old internet hoaxes still making the rounds.
Old March 26, 2013, 09:54 PM   #13
Tom Servo
Staff

Quote:
I almost sent these people money before finding out that their opinions on gun crime aligned with even more new gun laws.
Actually, the AHSA was a false-flag operation, staffed and run by Joyce foundation plants. In fact, they share a building with the Democrat Leadership Council and a PR firm known as DCS. DCS was originally run by John Rosenthal, founder of Stop Handgun Violence.

The NAGR isn't that. They're a pro-rights, pro-gun organization. I just take a dim view of them bashing the NRA while having no track record of their own.

Their communications have been misleading in the past, but we should stick to attacking the action, not the organization.
Old March 27, 2013, 10:13 AM   #14
Al Norris
Moderator Emeritus

Dudley Brown took Larry Pratt's playbook and out=Pratted the Pratt!