The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old May 2, 2007, 10:34 AM   #1
pjsjr

pre 64 Model 94 disassembly/assembly

First...I did try a search...

I have a 1951 30-30 that needs a good cleaning. I found this site http://www.castbullet.com/misc/tdown.htm that is for post 64 models and I'm not sure that the only difference I need to be aware of is the link pin screw in front of the lever?

Are there other takedown/put back together differences that I should be aware of?

Is there a site that is for the pre 64?

Thanks in advance, Preston
Old May 2, 2007, 11:32 AM   #2
James K
Member In Memoriam

That is the only difference I can think of off hand other than the change of the hammer spring to a coil type. Just be aware that Browning's civilian rifle designs were not intended to be taken down routinely. All are difficult to disassemble and often extremely tricky.

Jim
Old May 2, 2007, 12:16 PM   #3
pjsjr

Jim, thanks for your response.

I just got this rifle a few days ago, it had be neglected and there is "gunk" in the action.

Found that site which doesn't open now and it seemed to be fairly straight forward...removing the major components from the receiver...not a major detail strip.

Perhaps I'll just spray with Breakfree and blow it out with the air compressor and live with it. Preston