The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old October 28, 2007, 06:02 AM   #1
Dilbert

Looking for a new old bag.

I used to have this old bag that was absolutely perfect for just about everything. It could hold fishing tackle, range supplies, tools, hunting stuff, even my school stuff. Then it was stolen out of my truck with my 22. I think it was an old Army bag of some sort as it was green and had US on it, maybe 6 inches thick, 12 inches long, and 10 inches tall, closed by a flap with 2 straps. It was a backpack, but the straps could be unclippped from the bottom and clipped together to make a man-purse. Has anyone here seen a bag like this? Any ideas as to where I could get another?
Gun Control-gun con·trol n. definition 1. The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker received that fatal bullet wound. 2. The ability to hit what you are aiming at.
Old October 28, 2007, 06:26 AM   #2
BillCA

Could be a "butt pack" similar to one of these:
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/MGR930-65430-1963.html

Check out other bags that might make better utility bags like this bail-out bag;
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/BAG223-65474-1964.html
Old October 28, 2007, 09:08 AM   #3
Dilbert

About 20 minutes after I posted this I found what I was looking for, isn't that how it goes? It's an <a href=http://www.galleria-e.com/cgi-bin/Colemans.storefront/en/product/370601>M36 Musette bag</a>. I've got some other packs, but for just a general use, not too big, whatever bag, this one was the best.
Gun Control-gun con·trol n. definition 1. The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker received that fatal bullet wound. 2. The ability to hit what you are aiming at.