The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old July 5, 2006, 01:24 AM   #1
centurion937

Tlr-1

I recently purchased a Streamlight TLR-1 and I have to say it is one of the best lights on the market for what it cost. I paid $95 shipped for a brand new light from MIG Quality Arms on Gunbroker.com. This light is very bright, from about 25-35 feet this light would almost blind anyone within that distance. It puts off a very tight beam when the light is turned in to be a focused light. Give the light a few turns out and it gives a very good flood type light. When considering this light I read a few reviews, most of them stated that how the light attaches to the gun is horrible and a pain in the butt. After installing the light its pretty straight forward and simple, it goes on and comes off within seconds with no effort. If you are looking for a light that can compete with a $200 light the TLR-1 would be a great choice. It is comparable in size to the Streamlight M3.
Old July 5, 2006, 08:37 AM   #2
rick_reno

I agree - it's a fantastic value in a gun light. I picked mine up for $85 shipped - I'm hoping they come out with a pressure switch in August as planned.
Old July 5, 2006, 12:35 PM   #3
centurion937

Yeah I am hoping that the pressure switch will be out by then that would make this light even better.