The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old September 29, 2011, 09:19 PM   #1
dustbusterplus

Kydex Pancake IWB Opinions?

I'm currently carrying my Glock 27 in a Remora holster IWB, but am now looking for something that contours a little more to keep that tumor on my side look down. I am hoping for something that can be used OWB in the winter time and IWB the rest of the year.

I'm looking at the kydex pancake style made my Raven Concealment and others. What are your opinions on this? comfort/concealability/versatility
Old October 1, 2011, 04:28 PM   #2
MagnumWill

I don't have too much experience with IWB holsters, but I'll tell you what I know- I just got my CrossBreed IWB (it's called a Supertuck deluxe) in the mail, and I'm wearing it now to break it in with my new Colt. It's a lot like a pancake holster (what holds the gun is Kydex, the rest is horsehide). Since I haven't owned other holsters, i'm not sure how well it stacks up in "tumor-land", but it holds really close. I have it adjusted about as far as it will go down and forward, and it really doesn't leave much signs of carry. I'll be wearing an overshirt as well, just in case the T-shirt comes up without me knowing.

**EDIT** Ooh, yikes. Just googled that Raven Concealment holster- you'll be way happier with a CrossBreed. It's pretty much the same thing (probably a little more expensive), but the leather's gonna have a lot more give to your body than all that Kydex. Mine's not even broken in, and i'm starting to forget about it being there.

Tags
iwb , kydex pancake , raven