The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old August 29, 2013, 05:34 PM   #1
BoogieMan

Impressed by Konus

I just picked up a new CVA that came with the token Konus balistic reticle. I cant believe how clear and how much light this 3-9x40 lets in. Finish is very good on exterior and the adjustment has clean defined notches. I have been under the impression that Konus was very cheap quality scope as the price of the product reflects. As of now I am very pleasantly surprised. I will give a update after a few rounds and a hunting season of foul weather and being bumped on its way up to the stand.
Your tactics suck"
- Unknown
Old August 29, 2013, 06:35 PM   #2
Huffmanite

Fellow range member uses 2 or 3 Konus Pro scopes on a few of his .222 benchrest rifles. Asked him about the Konus Pro scope once. His reply was: "for a cheap scope, its pretty good." He helps run the qualification class for our members to shoot on our 400 and 600 yd ranges. Recall him talking to one of the qualification classes while I was at range and over hearing him reply to a question from someone about what brand/type of scope he'd recommend for long range shooting.......one of the brands/types he'd recommend was a Konus Pro.

Also, several of my shooting buddies use Konus spotting scopes. Mind you, they don't mind spending the money to buy the better know brand of scopes and etc. But, one gent showed up with one he'd bought and before too long a couple of more had bought one to use. They were all very happy with Konus.
Old August 31, 2013, 11:17 AM   #3
cryogenic419

Have not used their riflescopes but if their spotting scopes are any indication they are a pretty good bang for the buck.
Old September 2, 2013, 12:24 PM   #4
unknwn

reflex sight ?

Apologies for hi-jacking the thread, but since my inquiry is about the same brand....
I found offerings under the Konus brand for their version of a small profile reflex red/green dot sight (sort of the same type of product as a Fastfire II or III ) and couldn't find ANY feedback about those sights what-so-ever, so I passed up for the time being.
It's good to see some sort of positive review? about their other optic products.
Anyone out there have anything good -or- bad to say about them?