The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old April 10, 2013, 06:00 PM   #1
dakota.potts

Where to buy the handgun I want

So I think I'm ready to get a handgun. Well, really, since I'm 17 my parents will buy it and lock it up with their rifles and I'll get to bring it out to the range until I'm 18 and can take posession.

Anyways, I want the CZ 75 BD in 9mm. I asked my range if they could order it and the owner told me that if I want a handgun (or military style rifle) I need to order at a big shop or maybe online. I checked Bud's Guns and gunbroker, but with the exception of one going for $600 on gunbroker they were gone.

What other online stores can I check?

I'm also going to call my local gun store and see if they have it or can get it in (they're closed right now) but failing that what are some ways to find one?
Old April 10, 2013, 07:11 PM   #2
Spats McGee
Staff

I have not bought from any of the following, but here are some ideas:
Bud's
Cheaper Than Dirt
Gunbroker
GalleryofGuns (Davidson's)
Old April 10, 2013, 08:00 PM   #3
CrossIL

http://www.damascusgunshop.com/

These guys are great! They only sell cz. Idk if what you want is in stock but they have great service. They week replied to all my emails promptly. Give them a shout from my experience all their prices are very competitive.
Old April 10, 2013, 09:01 PM   #4
Baba Louie

http://czcustom.com/CZ-UB-USA-Factory-Pistols.aspx

Right now, they too are out of stock of the 75BD, but I would definitely add them to your list of shops from which to buy CZs in the future. Might write, call or email them with a WTB. Maybe they have a list you can get on?

Your desire shows good taste.
A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington, January 8, 1790, First State of the Union Address
Old April 10, 2013, 09:48 PM   #5
dakota.potts

Thank you everybody.

Found one on Gunbroker for $519. A little below MSRP but still pretty expensive. Don't know yet if I'll grab one of those or wait. Even Damascus was out of the one I want. I'm looking specifically for the 75 BD in 9mm
Old April 11, 2013, 06:02 AM   #6
JimmyR

Congrats!

You will like the CZ-75BD- that's my EDC. I paid $479 used at a shop close to me that deals in nothing but used guns. I think your price is about right for a CZ, since most of the ones I have seen have been in the $550-650 range. It's worth the money.
Old April 13, 2013, 10:08 AM   #7
LarryFlew

Lot of good places to look from the suggestions in this thread. Just a note on Damascus - if your looking for new their price will never be beat and if they don't have a new one no one else will have any either.