The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old September 20, 1999, 12:17 PM   #1
Cheapo

I've heard there's a new style Glock factory adjustable rear sight. Anyone know what's up with this--differences between the two configurations?
Old September 22, 1999, 12:13 PM   #2
The Ripper Man

The first ones hung over the hack of the slide a little bit, the new ones don't. They also are a little bit more sturdy because they are somewhat protected, more so that the first ones anyway. The center moves instead of the whole thing. They have made this newer style for some time now, a Glock Armoror can buy them for about $15 I think, would have to check my book.
Old September 23, 1999, 05:17 PM   #3
Cheapo

Okay, I received a very helpful e-mail explaining that the new ones don't hang out over the end of the slide...

Are they still drift-adjustable for windage too? Do they still use the offset cam-type elevation bit?

I'd look at the gun store, but new Glocks don't stay on the shelves for more than 3 days here. And few locally are ordered with adjustables anyway.

Thanks!
Old May 10, 2000, 10:13 PM   #4
Cheapo

Well, whaddayaknow???

Sent the fragments back to Glock a few weeks ago with a nice note about how I'd like to get it replaced.

And they sent a new type!!

Screw/squishy click windage adjustments!! Same goofy eccentrict rod elevation adjustment. Now I just gotta locktite the thing into the dovetail.

The adjusting tool is infuriatingly simple. I want to get some sorta clip-on gizmo so I can store the tool in the backstrap channel.