The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old November 9, 2006, 10:53 AM   #1
poe2

Be careful when dealing with wa_RANGER

Here's why....

http://thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=199485
Old November 9, 2006, 12:51 PM   #2
Dino.

You have to be a member to view your link.
Old November 9, 2006, 01:10 PM   #3
Greg_Dunn

was it ever resolved?

Handcrafted concealment leather for the working man
Old November 9, 2006, 01:17 PM   #4
45RackerTracker

Poe the name in that thread is WA_Cowboy24, not WA_Ranger. That thread was started by you on May 9th, 2006. Your still fighting for the $45.00 or the parts you never got back, which is cool, but how do you know that they are the same person?
Old November 9, 2006, 02:06 PM   #5
poe2

Greg-I never got the parts back nor received payment.
45 Rocker-it's the same guy...Monty Woods. He doesn't deny it. In fact he seems rather proud of what he did to me.
SEE HIS POST BELOW WHEN I CONFRONTED HIM HERE.

You know what you are absolutely rediculous, how long has it been over a year now right LOL I think you need a new hobby or atleast get out more! I am glad you have made you lifes mission to try to smear me but see you have overlooked one key point, I have had many successful FTF transactions with fellow members on this forum and while you continue this childish behavior it truly hasn't affected me in the least! but hey its a free country so by all means please continue your unsubstantiated claims, I find it amusing to say the least.

Fellow members just ask grimjaw or hi-flier from Eagle Sports and Tactical AKA (Ron) or numerous others if I was dishonest in any way in my dealings with them I have a good and honest reputation and for the exception of this one nuisance have a perfect record in FTF and FFL transfer sales.

You see (above) he's comparing Face to Face and FFL deals to mine where I shipped him parts all the way across the country.
Old November 9, 2006, 06:26 PM   #6
45RackerTracker

Face to face, it is hard to deceive someone, I agree. I don't like to deal with anyone I don't personally know, and I don't like business transactions with freinds or relatives, that only leaves business transactions with businesses. I use my credit card, in case anything goes wrong. I usually do a check on the business for any large transactions. Caveat emptor.
Old November 9, 2006, 07:14 PM   #7
poe2

45Racker: I am partially at fault here. Having never had a problem with an online buy-sell I shipped the parts when he said "the Money Order Is In the Mail". My BAD! I'm too trusting.
This kid (Monty Woods) is only 29. I'm 65 (old enough to be his father). They say there's no fool like an old fool.
I afforded him the opportunity...and he took it.
Old November 9, 2006, 10:54 PM   #8
wa_RANGER

Well Poe I am truly sorry you feel that I have cheated you, I returned your parts mailed RETURN TO SENDER because I cancelled my springfield 03A3 project, I even offered to send you the money the infamous 45.00 you have kept running your mouth that I have deliberately robbed you of way back in the beginning of this mess, I asked in return for you to let the members of THE HIGH ROAD that this had been resolved you sir refused my resolution and kept up your antics to smear my good name, I am confused as to what you are after? Members I ask you before casting judgement against me to please read my postings, and research my FTF history you will find that I am honest and fair in all my dealings with members here as well as all the other sites i freaquent. Poe2 Why on earth would I want to cheat you out of 45.00 worth of parts I have absolutely no use for? and why arn't you willing to settle this? I have no reason to hide my name or disguise, I like this forum very much and you Sir are the only one who has had a negative deal with me.

I am an honest person again in the interest of settling this dispute I will offer to give you the 45.00 I mailed those parts and they never arrived, I have no control over the mail process, however if this will finally resolve this then so be it give me your address and I will send you the funds directly. I am agreeing to do this because I am very tired of this squabble and the forum rules clearly state that this argument between us is not allowed so wat do you say ? Stop flaming me and I inturn I will send you the money?

I am making this statement publicly so you all can see that I want this resolved I do not feel that I have been dishonest in theese preceedings in any way nor do I want my good reputation here or elsewhere tarnished by theese continued accusations. I understand Poe2 is obviously a man of principle and is quite possibly the most stubborn man online! 45.00 is nothing to me to finally put this to bed.

Thanks for your time

Monty Woods-
Old November 10, 2006, 08:04 AM   #9
poe2

Monty... we have heard all this before. The U.S. Postal Service is only able to deliver mail from ME to You! Everything you send to me mysteriously dissapears. (Three times in a row)
So, if you are serious now, you should secure a third party (neutral in this matter, a TFL moderator would be ideal). Mail the funds to him. In turn I will mail him a self addressed stamped envelope and after verification, he can send them on to me.
The ball is in your court.
Old November 10, 2006, 02:32 PM   #10
UniversalFrost

hey ranger what unit you with? I have some friends stationed up in washington that would be able to do the transfer for the 2 of you if you are really serious about giving the guy back his stuff or his money owed. Also if you really are a ranger (and I don't mean those SOB's that just get the tab to wear and show off and never set foot in the field) you need to look down at your tab and do a gut check. Integrity first man. You are supposed to lead by example. What do you think your squad would think of you if they knew you were dishonest and couldn't be trusted. Trust is everything out in the field.

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati" (when all else fails play dead) -Red Green

Old November 11, 2006, 08:45 PM   #11
Eghad

Might I suggest Priority Mail with a Delivery Notification? Costs a few extra bucks. But you know what gets delivered.

NRA Life Member
Old November 11, 2006, 09:01 PM   #12
wa_RANGER

Yor right and I am trying to be honest, you see way back before this escalated into this big rediculous ordeal, I offered to give Poe2 the money and take the loss on my end in order to attemp to put an end to this mess, all I asked in return was that he stop flaming me and tell the member's at THR that the matter had been resolved, he did not agree and continued to blast my reputation. So I ask you, why would I send him anything when re did not agree to my terms? as for your question on my old unit: I was not in the Battallion, I whent to airborne, air assault then RANGER school, but afterwards opted to go back to my old unit which was 1/23 INF. A COMPANY
3rd Brigade located at FT. Lewis I had had enough ruckin and runnin LOL Are you a soldier what unit ?what branch of service?

1997-2001

As for the second party transfer, it is flat out rediculous, Poe2 give me your address and I will send the funds to you by signature verified mail and I will post a copy of the receipt plus I will go one step further and provide you as well as the other members with a tracking number on both forums so All can see that I have done my part to resolve this.

The simple truth is that I have sent those parts back to you a long while ago I will not accept credit for any dishonesty or poor integrity on my part, You see Sir it just doesnt add up? Please tell me why I would go out of my way to cheat you out of 45.00 worth of parts I have no use for? and then tell me why I would offer to give you 45.00 of my money to make up for your loss? It is now November our deal was in February as you pointed out earlier so please help me understand why if I had poor integrity or had set out to rip you off? would I offer after all this time to send you the funds? You see Sir the answer is BLACK and WHITE! I have not nor would I ever engage in such deceptions. True I should have sent the money long ago but I did not see why I should when all along you have been out to ruin my name here and abroad. what did I have to lose?

You have done your level best to smear my reputation on both forums yet I have had numerous transactions with other members and yes I have sent them through the mail. Also I would like to share my EBAY user name with you as well as the rest of this forum, wa_cowboy24 please research my history and overall rating you will find that I have indeed done plenty of business through the mail and all have been excellent feed back reports! So your theory does not hold water. I will be awaiting your reply with your adress. Now the ball is in your court Sir.

Last edited by wa_RANGER; November 12, 2006 at 12:07 AM.
Old November 12, 2006, 09:25 AM   #13
poe2

My address is in this thread:

http://www.thehighroad.org/private.p...pm&pmid=312360
Old November 12, 2006, 11:49 AM   #14
wa_RANGER

I just clicked on your link and I recieved an error message saying that it is invalid, maybe it would be easier to pm your adress to me thanks-
Old November 12, 2006, 12:41 PM   #15
poe2

PM with address sent.
Old November 20, 2006, 11:49 PM   #16
PinnedAndRecessed

So did he do the right thing or not?
Old November 22, 2006, 04:32 PM   #17
poe2

***not***
Old November 22, 2006, 09:37 PM   #18
hoghunting

Where you really surprised?
Old November 25, 2006, 09:46 AM   #19
Dave686

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa_RANGER
I am an honest person again in the interest of settling this dispute I will offer to give you the 45.00 I mailed those parts and they never arrived.
So you decided that you really didn’t want to restore your rifle and you thought the right thing to do was just drop the parts back in the mail marked “Return to Sender”?
Then before finding out if they were retuned you stopped payment on a Postal Money Order and threw the receipt away?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa_RANGER
I am making this statement publicly so you all can see that I want this resolved I do not feel that I have been dishonest in theese preceedings in any way nor do I want my good reputation here or elsewhere tarnished by theese continued accusations.
How’s that working?
Old November 25, 2006, 10:47 AM   #20
Eghad

Quote:
you stopped payment on a Postal Money Order and threw the receipt away
as far as I know there is no provision for stopping payment on a postal money order. You can claim it was lost or stolen but that takes a minimum of60 days to get a replacement. He would have had to report it as stolen or lost.

NRA Life Member
Old November 25, 2006, 08:10 PM   #21
JohnKSa
Staff

poe2,

Thanks for the heads up and for your persistence in this matter. I think it's painfully clear that this is never going to be made right, but perhaps you have helped others to avoid the same situation.
Old November 29, 2006, 07:04 PM   #22
HCfan

Thank you. As a person who has no trusting bone in their body, I rely on users input on various vendors, individuals, that I may be thinking of dealing with and this forum / board is one that I rely on to make my decisions.
Old December 1, 2006, 10:13 AM   #23
Maui19

Yes, Poe, thanks for the heads up about this guy.
Old January 11, 2007, 08:46 PM   #24
poe2

Happy New Year Monty! Hows your commerce these days?
Old January 17, 2007, 08:43 PM   #25
Trip20

He hasn't logged into TFL nor THR since 11/12/2006 after publically stating he'd send the funds and "post the tracking number"... pathetic.

This dude should take a lesson from Charlie Wenzel.