The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Competition Shooting

Old April 14, 2002, 10:37 AM   #1
KP95DAO

Changing to Glock for IDPA.

I shot my first IDPA match yesterday using my Glock 32 with the FAC 40 BBL. Did well. Am using 215 gr (that's right) lead SWCs with 3.0 grs of AA2, 710 fps. I figured I need to become more competitive now that I'm in SS class. Also will no longer be using an IWB holster to compete, though I will use it on the street. It's a sign of the times.
Old April 14, 2002, 07:08 PM   #2
BillOH

KP95DOA,
Welcome to the world of gamers. Do you have a Kydex holster yet? Has KP95DOA Jr. come over to the dark side too?
Bill N.
Old April 15, 2002, 12:42 AM   #3
KP95DAO

Bill,

Yes, it is partly a response to improve my "game". However; my glock 32 has seen a marked increase as the gun of choice for carry. That 3.5 lb connector did alot for the trigger and smoothing the trigger face helped also.

I will still carry the KP95DAO during the summer as I carry it Mex carry with the butt forward and don't worry about an AD, which I can't do with the Glock. This is when I ride my bicycle or want to wear a light t-shirt.

Three weeks to the Badlands Regional. That will be the test.
Old April 15, 2002, 12:45 PM   #4
bullseyekp

The Dark Side.......

No, Bill, I haven't made the transition; yet. I was looking at some time after nationals, during the winter maybe. However, after looking at the elder's score from Saturday night, I might have to rethink that.

Although I didn't see him shoot (he ran one squad, I ran the other), his total time was only 2 seconds behind mine. At our local matches, I'm used to keeping at least a 10-20 second margin on him depending on the stages. Two seconds is a little too close for comfort. Gotta maintain that perceived youthful advantage!
Old April 15, 2002, 07:40 PM   #5
BillOH

KP95OKC
I remember some saying about age and wisdom and maybe there was something in there about treachery too. You better watch out for him.
Bill