The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old October 25, 2012, 12:32 PM   #1
John1 S

Question on Ruger SR22 PB

Do anyone have one and how do you like ???
Old October 25, 2012, 02:06 PM   #2
Inazone

I bought mine early this year, when they first started shipping to dealers. Although it's a bit picky about ammo (hates virtually all round-nosed lead, likes truncated HP just fine) that's no different from other rimfires I own(ed). Once I settled on bulk-pack Winchester copper HPs, Federal Spitfire and various CCIs, it has been a joy to shoot. If I go to the range with friends, everyone wants to try the SR22, and a couple of them have bought SR22s of their own.

Mine replaced a Walther P22 that was just too "glitchy" for my tastes, and it makes a fine practice stand-in for my Beretta PX4 9mm subcompact. It doesn't hurt that I bought it new for $289.
Old October 25, 2012, 08:08 PM   #3
Billy the Kidder

I have one, it's been great. Flawless after the first 50-100 rounds. Probably at least 2500-3000 now. Doesn't care what kind of ammo. Accurate enough for me to use in my indoor rimfire league.
Old October 25, 2012, 08:11 PM   #4
berettaprofessor

Everybody's got one. Everybody loves it. Except for the few whose takedown levers have shattered (see the discussions over at Rimfirecentral.com).

Love mine. My favorite plinker.
Old October 25, 2012, 08:43 PM   #5
doofus47

i love mine. Mine likes CCI copper plated rounds. It wasn't a fan of Winchester X something or other: it would actually FTF and bend the cartridge quite often, like 4 times in 40.
Old October 26, 2012, 08:18 AM   #6
Rogervzv

I have two SR22pbs and really like them. They feed any kind of ammo with 100% reliability after several thousand rounds. Pretty darned accurate too!