The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old March 14, 2006, 01:13 PM   #1
Draigg

Magazine replacement - Wilkinson Linda 9mm Carbine

I have a Wilkinson Linda 9mm carbine. I love the gun, but I only have one magazine for it and it is difficult to find extras. Is it possible to modify another doublestack 9mm magazine to work in this gun? I have seen mentioned offhandedly somewhere that a S&W 59 series mag would work, but I haven't verified. Anyone ever done this or modified another magazine to work in a Linda?

Sorry if this isn't the appropriate place to post this question, but it seemed like the most logical. Please redirect me if there is another forum that might suit this question better.
Old March 15, 2006, 07:14 PM   #2
Draigg

Lead

I spoke with someone at Hoosier Gun Works (http://www.hoosiergunworks.com) and he suggested that a Browning Hi-Power 30 rnd magazine might work with a little modification. I haven't tried it yet, but when I find a good deal on one I will and post an update incase anyone else has this question.
Old March 21, 2006, 03:57 PM   #3
Draigg

More Linda 9mm Info

Well, the saga continues. I found and ordered a magazine that was supposed to be factory and it didn't work. The problem apparently is that there were earlier and later models of the carbine and the earlier model has a mag release in the grip next to the trigger guard and the later models had a release at the bottom of the grip. My carbine is the ealier model, but the magazine I ordered is for the later model. Dimensionally they seem identical, but the later model magazine doesn't have the notch cut in it for the magazine catch to grab on to. Unfortunately I will have to return this magazine and continue my search as I am not excited about trying to modify it myself.