The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old May 2, 2010, 10:43 PM   #1
roge

Repeated loggin required

Everytime I try to start a thread or try to post a reply, Im being redirected to log again, over and over again even after being thanked and welcomed for loggin. Same thing happens whens I try to switch reading other threads. I hope I have'nt broken any forum rules. What can I be doing wrong? Im new to internet technology. I dont have PC. Im using my cell phone. Same problem on one other forum. My apologies if Im doing something I should'nt...roge
Old May 2, 2010, 11:16 PM   #2
Mal H
Staff

The one thing that usually causes a problem such as you are experiencing is failure to check off the "Remember me" box when you login. If you do check it off, you will still be logged off after the usual idle time period (20minutes), but you will also be logged in automatically when you return. Often a long post will take more than 20 min. to compose, or you get sidetracked for longer than that.

So, the next time you login check off the "Remember me" box and see if that fixes your problem.
Old May 3, 2010, 12:22 AM   #3
roge

Repeated loggin

OK MalH. I didnt know what the "Remember me?" box meant. As I just loggin, I placed a check mark on that box. So far, so good. Thank you very much for your quick response. I hope this will fix the problem. Won't know till later, but it's kinda late (12:16 AM), so I'll let you know how it works out tomorrow. Thank you for your help and for not getting upset with me...roge.
Old May 3, 2010, 01:29 AM   #4
roge

Repeated loggin

Sorry MalH. Problem continues. Cant post reply. Have been trying for over an hour. Seems I can reply only here. Im been logged out so many times today and loggin again and again, with same results. Hope tomorrow I have better luck. I feel so bad not being able to post a reply to thread I started myself and members are waiting for my reply. Good night. (1:29 AM)...roge
Old May 3, 2010, 09:34 AM   #5
Mal H
Staff

Ok, then it's either a browser or cookie problem with a high probability it's your cookies.

Delete all of your TFL cookies (there may be more than one), and see if that fixes the problem.

Which browser and version are you using?
Old May 4, 2010, 08:05 AM   #6
roge

Sorry MalH. Im new to PC and internet technology and internet language. I dont know what cookies mean. Attatchments and browser types???. Im sorry Im so naive. Dont worry if you cant help me anymore, I'll understand. I'll keep trying, and hopefully learn new things to help myself.Thank you so much for your interest to help me...roge
Old May 4, 2010, 09:05 AM   #7
roge

MalH, just to let you know that I just posed a reply on the Semi Auto section sucssessfuly with no problem.(?????) Hope all goes well later. thank you.....roge
Old May 4, 2010, 04:48 PM   #8
Nnobby45

It happened to me, too. I discovered that when I'd run CC Cleaner it would erase the cookie. I changed my settings in "options" to put Firing Line on the "cookies to keep" option.

Something is erasing your cookie. Perhaps a cleaning program is erasing it.