The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old March 11, 2010, 08:27 PM   #1
martinmj

Replacing original bead sight on a Browning BPS

I recently purchased a BPS Infinity from Cabelas and was looking into replacing the bead sight with a fiber optic one. The guys at Cabelas weren't sure if the factory bead is threaded or glued in. Does anyone know how the BPS Infinity factory bead is secured? Is replacing the original with a fiber optic sight something I should spend the time/money on to have a gunsmith do?

Thanks
Old March 11, 2010, 09:20 PM   #2
James K
Member In Memoriam

The old sight may be screwed in, but most of the simple bead sights are just tapped in and depend on friction to hold them. If it is not screwed in, and the replacement is threaded (as it probably is), you will need to have the hole tapped and maybe drilled, depending on the size of the sight tang.

It is a job you can do yourself, but considering the cost of the tools for a one time job, it might be easier and even cheaper to let Cabelas do it. (Plus if they mess up, they have to make good!)

Jim
Old March 11, 2010, 09:25 PM   #3
Pahoo

I know that Hy-Viz make a set to fit most modern shotguns, including the BPS. The instructions will make a reference on how to address this install. Sorry but I don't remember the part number. I used the Remington 1100 application.

Be Safe !!!

Tags
browning bps , sight replacement