The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Closed Thread

Old February 2, 2013, 11:24 AM   #1
HarrySchell

MN Follows and "Improves" on NY Bans

These bright ideas are borrowed from the Democrat savants and their Rep quislings in NY. Bad ideas travel fast among the political monarchy. At least NY Dems were content with a year to comply and a lighter sentence for failure to be a "good citizen".

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archive...l-gun-grab.php
Old February 2, 2013, 12:59 PM   #2
Willie Sutton

^^^ Why of all places Minnesota? It's one of the mysteries of politics and life that a state in what ought to be firmly gun-friendly territory is the odd duck out? It was first brought to my attention when I realized that my combination of Florida non-resident CCW and Wisconsin CCW did not give me carry privileges there. Anyone?

Willie

Old February 2, 2013, 01:56 PM   #3
ff1911

^^^I know. As a resident of MN, I didn't think I was being too naive to think that our only concern of this sort would be coming down the federal pipeline. As a state that is strongly to the left, we also have a culture that is strongly pro-gun, so one would think that this type of language in a bill would not even get brought up (political suicide). I hope that I am right in the end, and supporters of this bill are shown the door next time we get to choose. In the meantime, I am getting in touch my reps to let them know their stance will not go unnoticed.
Old February 2, 2013, 03:23 PM   #4
Glenn E. Meyer

Got another MN thread at http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=514977

so let's have one.

Closed.