The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old January 17, 2016, 12:52 AM   #26
GWS

I actually made a new "improved" powder cop I use now (replaced the mirrors)....main advantage is that it's in my face such that I'm not as likely to ignore it. One of those getting old upgrades to keep me reloading longer....safely.

Old January 17, 2016, 10:21 AM   #27
jmorris

I quickly looked for that photo but didn't come across it. Funny thing is, I am not sure how many time I have seen it and never noticed the brass in the shell plate, you were testing it with.

I assume it's looking in the 45 ACP case in the photo, how did it look with the rifle case?
Old January 17, 2016, 03:26 PM   #28
rebs

I bought the led,strip light and can see right in the case easily so I don't think I need the powder cop
Old January 17, 2016, 05:31 PM   #29
jmorris

They are not a must have item. Not sure if I have ever read a squib/double thread started by someone using one though...
Old January 17, 2016, 07:54 PM   #30
GWS

Rebs if you can see it and you can trust yourself to look then you are good to go. My video version is big enough that dumb,dumb (me) can't miss it, and I hate Dillon Piezos. I use one of those ear wrenching piezos on my empty primer gizmo.

Jmorris, the following video (really lousy one, sorry) attempts to show how it works using different brass of different cleanliness. Wobble is obviously due to using one large shell plate for all the brass. These are in a photobucket album called press movies...probably why you missed finding them. Sorry.

First bright clean brass is a .357mag, then a dirty .223 (hardest to see, but it's small diam., dirty, and using only a 3-led strip), then a clean .308, .45acp, another .45 bother dirty. 3 leds are plenty of light if the cases are clean....

http://vid935.photobucket.com/albums...s/MVI_1619.mp4