The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old November 8, 1999, 08:45 PM   #1
Vee

I found a Belgium made Browning 12 gauge priced at $365. It is in good shap--some wear on the blueing. No rust or pits in the barrel. It has a one inch crack in the bottom of the forehand piece near the receiver. It does not have a vented rib on the barrel. It appears to have a 28 inch barrel.

Are there any markings that indicate the choke and age? Is this a good price. I have a Belgium made Sweet 16 and considered buying the 12 as mate.

Vee

------------------
Old November 8, 1999, 11:16 PM   #2
Harley Nolden
Staff In Memoriam

VEE
It will depend upon what model you have. Can you provide that or a description of the shotgun or possibly a photo?:

HJN
Old November 9, 1999, 07:54 PM   #3
Vee

Harley,

Thank you for the reply. The best description--It appeared to be designed like most Brownings. The barrel appeared to 28" to 30"--I knew I needed more info when I left the shop--the barrel had a round bead as asight point on the end of the barrel. There was nothing unique about it. There were markings on the barrel below the forehand piece. The trigger was black--unlike the gold one on my Sweet 16 poly choke. I do not have picture.

Vee
Old November 9, 1999, 09:14 PM   #4
Harley Nolden
Staff In Memoriam

VEE:
Is the receiver a sqare back or round, (similar to Remington or Winchester)
What stampings are on the gun?

HJN