The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old January 29, 2005, 04:44 PM   #26
IronLance

too many choices!?

"speeking of which I think it is time to go to Wall Mart lol"

For which? More guns or underwear? Or both?
Old January 31, 2005, 02:16 AM   #27
pdt1793db

I agree I dont think its a good idea to keep loaded guns around the house even if you dont have kids around. When and if kids come over or company that does not have knowledge of gun safty it could be a bad idea. Not to mention a pain in the butt to get all of them and put them in the safe everytime. Its just easier to keep magizines loaded in the safe and plenty of shells for your shotguns near them in the safe. That way if you have to defend yourself you can fight your way back to where you have more guns. Plus if you carry in your house you can just put one gun on in the morning and take it off at night and keep it by the bed. Just my two cents
Old January 31, 2005, 04:42 AM   #28
Brit

On Person

All guns but one in a good heavy (300lbs at least) safe bolted to structure.

Now let me see! 10 guns = $5000.00 Good Safe =$1000.00 Hmm!!

Whilst dressed, pistol on person, with spare magazine, for malfunctions, 16 rounds should be enough (Glock 19 with night sights) when in bed, on the bedside table, with Surefire flashlight, and Cel phone (first thing the bad guys do? take the kitchen phone off the hook, your bed room phone is now inoperative!) plug the Cel phone in, every night, a great routine to follow.

Make sure you state "Burglary in progress" to dispatch!!! If that is indeed the case. An addendum to that statement could be “And I am the bald old guy in the bath robe, and slippers”