The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old July 27, 2006, 07:01 PM   #1
Ammo Junky

mag length rnds / help me pic a 308

I would like to hear from those of you that have developed a great load for your rifle, Then also made some of your ammo at mag length. I would like to know what differences you saw in accuracy and poi and chorono info if you have that. On the gun in question the jump for mag length rnds is .160". Thanks much

Part II

I am in the process of getting an Rem sps in 308. I have a vs in 308 and am not happy with the long throat rem uses on their 308. I am in a quandry. None or the major manufactures have all the fetures I want. Most have most or all but one. On the rem its the long trhoat. On the ruger all weathe its the trigger and rugers inconsistant reputation for accuracy. On win it is my expereince and the win reputation for 2 moa accuracy. I want a sporter 308 so I am down to the rem sps or the rem all weather. I can buy a trigger for the ruger, but I hear many complaints of their accuracy. Rem has 99% of what I want, but I hate that long throat. OOOOh the blissfull ignorance of factory ammo shooters.

Thanks for the help.

I apologise in advance for spelling errors.
Old July 28, 2006, 11:59 PM   #2
Bullet94

You might look here -

http://www.snipershide.com/cgi-bin/u...ubb=forum;f=13