The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old July 22, 2009, 09:29 PM   #1
raze

smaller trigger lock ?

So i know this may seem trivial but i live in NYC and have to lug my pistols to and from the range in a locked case with the firearms trigger locked as well. My problem is that with a standard trigger lock on the guns become too 'wide' to fit in any of the small form factor cases that i have purchased. I end up putting standard trigger locks on and then locking them in large pistol cases. I then can't carry them in a standard backpack, and my voyage to and from the range is a little more obvious and cumbersome than i'd like in the city (on public transportation). If i could find a trigger lock that didn't have such a long locking rod (the side opposite the cylinder) i could lock the gun in a much slimmer case and pop it in a standard size messenger bag.

Any ideas in this regard? Thanks in advance.
Old July 30, 2009, 11:24 AM   #2
raze

Did more research and thought i would answer my own post for anyone else looking for a slim trigger lock for whatever reason. I found a great one made by DAC technologies. linked here:
http://www.ableammo.com/catalog/prod...ucts_id=102034
I know its not as secure as a masterlock or any other trigger locks with a keyed lock and 'real' locking mechanism, but it satisfies the legal need for a trigger lock and will prevent accidental discharge etc.