The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old January 7, 2011, 02:53 PM   #1
spearman

Left Handed Laser Grips?

I'm thinking of getting laser grips for my Taurus UltraLite .38sp.Do I need a lefthand model or does it not matter?
Old January 7, 2011, 03:04 PM   #2
ep2621

Depends on how you hold your gun. I think they would be fine. I would go to a fun store and hold one that already has them installed, before spending that spending that kind of money.
I'd bet there are lefties here that will be along shortly with a definitive answer.
If they don't work for left handed shooters Crimson Trace is losing a great number of potential customers.
When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished by how much he'd learned in seven years. ~Mark Twain
Old January 7, 2011, 10:29 PM   #3
stickhauler

I use Crimson Trace laser grips on my XD-9, and shoot either handed, works as well left as right handed shooting. Actually, since the laser is on the right side of the grip, it works better for a lefty.
Old January 8, 2011, 08:11 AM   #4
ursavus.elemensis

I am left handed and I have the Crimson Trace lasergrips on every one of my handguns, even the revolvers. I like having the laser on the right side and I agree that it actually works better for a left handed shooter to have the laser on the right. I think the set-up works even better for us than it does for the right-handed shooters.