The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Closed Thread

Old March 29, 2013, 08:36 AM   #76
Grizz12

I have no problem with the "price gouging" that is going on, I just take my business someplace else, thats what capitalism and living in a free Nation is all about.

Anyone remember the "Fast and Furious" operation over a year ago? The entire thing was designed to impose extreme gun laws in US citizens. They (the bad guys AKA govt. officials) were caught red handed with their hands in the cookie jar and no criminal charges resulted from the incident. Even after 1 US citizen and countless Mexicans have been killed with these illegally purchased weapons.

FaF didnt work and when the terrible shooting happened in Ct. the govt went nuts pushing new gun control laws to disarm the law-abiding citizens. Even though not one of those laws would have prevented horrible incident from happening.

Add to that the huge ammo contract and ammo purchases that the govt. has been making and it is a scary picture.

As far as the vendors getting ammo on a regular basis and not taking 20 minutes to send out an email to inform everyone, well is just wrong. In the that 20 minutes the ammo will be sold without sending emails or informing anyone, it would be a waste of time. As far as I know, all the ammo manufactures are now working 24/7 and have backorders to keep them busy for the next two years. They cant keep up with demand and I'm willing to bet they rationing to each of their distributors in the same manor the LGS's are rationing to us.
Old March 29, 2013, 12:24 PM   #77
Deaf Smith

Local gun store here in Texas where I live just got in 10 boxes of Winchester .22 (500 packs), 10 Winchester 100 round 9mm value packs) and a few other goodies.

I didn't buy any cause I have plenty (see I learned from Dollar Bill Clinton and Janet Reno back then to not trust Democrats in office.)

Got my AR and AK back then AFTER the 'assault rifle' ban expired. My AK cost me $300 (with chrome bore no less) and AR was $600.

I didn't need to learn it twice.

Deaf
Old April 2, 2013, 02:57 PM   #78
xnaerughiazk

http://www.sbsun.com/breakingnews/ci...ing-ammunition

So who is mad if they buy now
Old April 2, 2013, 05:00 PM   #79
PT-92

Quote:
xnaerughiazk

http://www.sbsun.com/breakingnews/ci...ing-ammunition

So who is mad if they buy now
People in the anti States are going to have to either (IMO):

A) Leave/Relocate
or
b) Fight like HELL to change it!

On a National level we do what we can via the NRA Goa but State level work is indispensable...
Old April 3, 2013, 09:53 AM   #80
bikerbill

I spent $35 a few weeks ago for a box of 50 .45ACP FMJs ... when I got home and thought about it, I realized I had become part of the problem. If we refuse to pay hugely inflated prices and sit tight, this will resolve itself and we can hope prices will return to normal and shelves will be refilled ... I understand the law of supply and demand, but I don't have to take part in it ...
Old April 3, 2013, 10:22 AM   #81
KBP75

ammo prices

Our local classifieds is very popular and in the past was a great place to buy and sell gun related stuff. In the past month the ammo prices have gone nuts! People are asking $50 to $60 for a brick of .22 ammo! I got so disgusted, I posted this and received DOZENS of replies with people telling me they felt I hit the nail on the head! No, I didn't sell them!

For Trade: Wow! Ahh! I have a pair of "Golden Bullets" for trade! Two months ago I paid about 3 cents for each! Now, because of greed and stupidity, idiots think they are worth their weight in GOLD! I will trade them for gold coins, a new car, a brand new "QUALITY" rifle, or a wheelbarrow full of money! No junk please! If you don't want to pay my price, don't email me! No, I will not mail them, no, I will not drive anywhere to meet you, I will not answer any emails without an offer. I am firm on my price and will not accept low ball offers! OH BOY! I am going to be rich!MVC-014S.JPG

Last edited by KBP75; April 3, 2013 at 10:23 AM. Reason: spelling
Old April 3, 2013, 11:33 AM   #82
PT-92

It could be that the current perceived "madness" is simply the new normal? Way the world is right now "full circle" I don't see a letup anytime soon.
Old April 3, 2013, 01:09 PM   #83
Stevie-Ray

I just bought 4 boxes of Winchester 12 ga 00 Buck for $4.99 ea. Actually, it's what I generally pay. Was this a find, or has 00 buck just not gone the way everything else seems to be?
Old April 3, 2013, 03:23 PM   #84
745SW

Shotshells appear to be commonly available.
Old April 3, 2013, 04:33 PM   #85
PT-92

Yeah--It seems to be a "Hi-Cap" run which tends not affect scatter-guns unless you're talking Saiga drums which are both up in price and hard to find.

I was surprised that even the factory Ruger 10/22 bx-25 magazines are a hot commodity not to mention .22lr ammo (we have seen runs on ammo during the original AWB in the 90's but never before on .22lr ...).
Old April 4, 2013, 02:41 PM   #86
Evan Thomas

Mike Irwin has started a thread in the General Discussion forum titled The "Where is everything?" thread -- guns, ammo, primers, powder, etc... That's the one, central thread where discussions of the availabity of these things should now be taking place. Feel free to continue the conversation there.